Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Albert lee

Gifthorse

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EB/MM guitars are excellent, with stellar fretboards, up there with the likes of PRS and Tom Anderson fretwork.

Yeah, picker, he does have a particularly good sound on that one, doesn't he? Wang-a-dang-dang! :D:thu::cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I saw him do a clinic at GC back around 12 years ago. Amazing. It was incredible. Best clinic I have ever seen.

His tone was great too. I would imagine Picker that he always sounds incredible. But perhaps sometimes mics don't get it.

Because of the direct connection he has with the guitar, he doesn't need much to sound great. Thats one more reason I love his playing.

From the Way Back Machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i2XTXf4opM&feature=PlayList&p=347E091D98D92F46&index=0&playnext=1

Sometimes (some?) its not about the geetar, only the player.

Niiiiiiiice! :cool:Great playing by all of 'em, though Lee's obviously the stand-out. :thu:

Any idea where the name "Heads Hands & Feet" came from?

It's weird, it seems kind of funny watching/hearing British guys playing "Country" (and he's a "cotton picker"? Yeeah, right! :D;):thu: ), even though it should have seemed even funnier watching/hearing Brits play Delta and Chicago Blues!

(How many of those guys in HH&F were British or otherwise UK? Just Albert Lee, or some, or all of 'em? I don't know very much about that bands origins... )

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I like the look of them, but I like the tone of his old
better...

I have to agree about that - BUT - It's hard to know how much the recording method/amp etc. has to do with that.

That sterile tone from the more recent video with his new guitar almost sounds like it may have some direct signal blended in or something.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Archived