Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano - Official Product Intro Video

Joe Muscara

I like Kurzweil's method of matching them with signature sounds in classic songs.

+1

Those patches are a lot of fun, and SOOOOOO realistic.

Yes, I agree - Kurz does a really nice job with that.

Many of the presets in the SV were done considering classic tracks as well. We could have some fun here - listen to a demo and see if you can name the artist/track. Think more about the electric pianos and clavs. And of course, the American Tube organ is a freebie!

Let the games begin!

:snax:

Regards,

Jerry

Korg Guy

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell me you can route Hammond audio to separate outputs.

If I want to use a real Leslie on the organ sounds, I do NOT want piano/synth sounds to go to the Leslie I want them to go to the straight amp.

The Roland VR-760 made this mistake.

Kudos on including the valve reactor, I have the Vox Valvetronix amp and it is a big reason it sound better than any modeler out there. Not enough players realize that many classic EP recordings were done through a valve amp.

No LCD, all knobs - HOORAY!!!

I listened to the audio demos and have read the manual now.

If the presets sound like the audio demos in the web, I´d be fine w/ all the piano type patches and layered ones.

Those are the built-in, single sound demos untouched, so they are EXACTLY what the presets sound like, promise.

Functionality:

Good input, but I cant make any promises about future things.

Is there hope for a ring modulator effect in future,- CC pedal assigned to sweep frequencys ? Would be nice. :-)

Assignment of the CC-pedal to the delay time of the tape delay would also be a great feature,- like moving the playback-head of a Echoplex tape echo machine.

I hear you about both of these. I don't know, but I'll be sure the team hears your request. When showing the Editor to artists whenever I moved the Delay time and got the tape pitch effect everyone always lights up, so you're not alone!

Program request:

I´d also like to see a layered program of 02 Tine EP phaser/ 19 Grand Piano 1 and/or some more acoustic/electric piano layers using the existing programs/samples.

Already in the works!

Jerry

Korg Guy

Great,- thx for the news.

But regarding "functionality" and if it probably isn´t possible to get the performance mode known from the SG,- I´m sure, you and the team will agree, it must be possible to adjust the balance of volume of the 2 layered sounds in every program using layers and to restore these settings in a variation,- p.ex. the already existing Piano/Pad, Piano/Strings.

A.C.

We could have some fun here - listen to a demo and see if you can name the artist/track. Think more about the electric pianos and clavs.

02 Tine EP_Phaser = Billy Joel`s Just The Way You Are

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

Tremelo EP = "Still Crazy After All These Years"

Actually, no.

Piano_Strings = "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"

We really had no specific target for that sound, so I couldn't ever judge a winner. Sorry.

Sharp Brass = It sounds so familiar and yet I can't quite place it... ;)

LOL - and we may fry for bringing that one back from the dead, right?

:-)

Jerry

korg Guy

Actually, I would say that Tremolo EP would be:

Hard Times - again Crusaders

and might I add:

2nd demo, phaser EP:

Just the way you are - Billy Joel

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

The American combo organ is the Gibson 101 Kalamazoo, correct?

I didn't hear that demo so am just guessing. I downloaded all 34 one-by-one, then dragged them to iTunes, but only half of them showed up or were easy to find. Couldn't figure that out so gave up -- maybe they didn't all start with the track number as their title, but I tried different ways of organising things in iTunes and still didn't find the other half, and even dragged them a second time and they still didn't show up in the list.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Ah, no wonder: I was looking to see if the others got categorised under "Korg", which they did not -- that's usually how most vendor demos show up in iTunes (except for the "track-numbered" ones which usually do not have an artist label).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Hmm, that's strange, SV-1 is the album and KORG Italy is the artist (abbreviated in both cases from what is actually in iTunes).

Wonder why sorting by artist yesterday didn't find the Korg ones. Whatever; I see them now, and am listening through the remainder.

OK, I'm going to stick with my Gibson Kalamazoo guess. :-)

Also, I found the Italian demos more impressive overall than the unlabeled ones -- especially the EP's.

The clavinet is especially impressive, and that is the EP that most of us have been the least satisfied with, in almost every modeled-or-sampled hardware-or-software EP package to date.

The best sampled clav without a doubt is the Nord sample used throughout their range. The only thing missing is note off samples and the ability to use the mod wheel to bring in mute samples...with these additions it would be perfect.

Chief Product Officer at Rhodes®. Project leader and designer of the Rhodes MK8 piano and V8 Plug-in.  

The American combo organ is the Gibson 101 Kalamazoo, correct?

I've decided I'm hurting the game by responding to the first posts, so I'm gonna lay back for a while. Should be more fun.

I will say that my first organ/keyboard I ever owned was the rare Gibson 201 (orange and black double-manual). At the time I quickly came to hate it because anytime I played a small gig in a place with dimmer switches it would hum like a banshee and I had to sit out while my band played without me. At the tender age of 12-13 or so that was crushing... and I held it against the axe for years to come.

:-)

Regards,

Jerry

Couldn't they stick just one vibes patch in it?

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

The best sampled clav without a doubt is the Nord sample used throughout their range. The only thing missing is note off samples and the ability to use the mod wheel to bring in mute samples...with these additions it would be perfect.

Yeah, well, I think you'd hear some disagreement about that: the clavs on the Electro 2, to me and many others, sounds better than the later versions on the Stage and Electro 3. Regardless, a clav without note-off samples is less than a clav, if you know what I mean.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I'm a lot less excited about this now. I LOVE the rhodes and wurlies and the piano's sound like they would be very usable in a band and solo context.

However, the clav's are good, but not great like Nord (btw, I agree with both Funkphinerz and Tony. For me the NE2 samples are the best I've heard. But without the off samples and the ability to vary the mute, your not able to cover the full gamut of sounds. At least you get all sixteen pickup and filter combinations, unlike almost all other keyboards).

I definitely have zero use for sampled organs, and I imagine most of us here as well.

The mellotrons are nice, but my PC3 covers this area fully completely (choirs included) with all the right filters, etc.

The synths, well, like the organ, if you've got a VA, then a sampled synth just isn't going to give you a hard on.

And BTW, the tube is a gimmick. Ask any tech-savy guitarist. In order to get the rich harmonic overtones from a tube, it must be fed a high voltage. Under-powered tubes, like the ones found in guitar pedals and low quality preamp sound shrill. Jerry is quoted as saying in this thread that very little power is sent to that tube. In fact it doesn't even light up.

Don't mean to burst everyone's bubble, I'm just being honest.

I got excited about it at first like everyone. And I still think that the Rhodes, and wurlies kick ass, and unlike the Nords, this actually seems to have very good pianos. But to spend close to 3 grand on a great looking keyboard just to have great EP's, when Nord and Kurz and Motif also cover these areas very well and offer so much more.

Just saying....

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

Archived