Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Opening for The Drifters this Saturday

MuzikTeechur

We're playing for an annual festival in Hampton Beach, NH, this Saturday. Found out last week that we're opening for "The Drifters" which is kind of cool.

Of course, they've had about 80 different members and several different iterations since "Under The Boardwalk", but still... it's interesting.

(BTW; we're a Motown band)

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last time I worked with The Drifters ( its had probably been at least 15 years ) The oldest member was the guy who replaced the first Drifter who left. :D

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Last time I worked with The Drifters ( its had probably been at least 15 years ) The oldest member was the guy who replaced the first Drifter who left

Clyde McPhatter was the first lead singer of The Drifters. Clyde left in the late 50s and had several solo hits including a Top 10 hit "A Lover's Question". Ben E. King was the next lead singer for The Drifters...then left the group and had a #1 record in '62 with "Stand By Me". And the beat goes on.

Archived