Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ibanez 77 V BK made in korea

Zhukov

Im not sure if im doing this right (but I dont seem to be breaking any forum rules.

I have a question. Someones trying to sell me an Jem Ibanez 77 VBK and its made in Korea. I have been trawling google but cant find information on this guitar (At least not one made in korea.) I'd like to take it apart but i cant unless i buy it. The tone is awesome, but the vine inlay is white.

Does anyone know if this is a genuine Ibanez Jem economy model or just a cheap ripoff? And how much should it cost? Thanks for the help :)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ibanez says the Jem 77vBK has either pearl or abalone vine inlay. These are the specs;

Neck Material: 5pc Maple/ Walnut

Neck Type: JEM Prestige

Body: Basswood body

Frets: 6105 frets

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Inlay: Pearl/ Abalone Vine inlay

Bridge: Edge Pro bridge

NeckPU: DiMarzio® Breed® Neck

MiddlePU: DiMarzio® Breed® Middle

BridgePU: DiMarzio® Breed® Bridge

HW Color: CH

Finishes: BK

They also have this warning on their site;

Ibanez Counterfeit Warning

Some auction websites currently have hundreds of instruments that look like Ibanez guitars and/or feature our trademarked Ibanez headstocks and logos. These guitars do not offer the feel, sound and quality people expect from Ibanez. In fact, most are not good guitars by any standard.

We here at Ibanez, our distributors, and our retailers have heard many complaints from consumers who have purchased these instruments thinking they were getting a great deal when actually, in the end, they were getting swindled.

If a guitar is up for auction or straight sale at a price that's a fraction of what a new or used Ibanez guitar would typically sell for, chances are it's not a genuine Ibanez. If the shipping cost is more than the price of the guitar, it's probably not a genuine Ibanez. As the old saying goes," If something seems to good to be true, it probably is."

The best protection against being cheated or disappointed is to buy your new or used Ibanez guitars and basses from an authorized Ibanez retailer. To locate your nearest authorized Ibanez dealer, please consult the dealer locator here on our website.

One final but very important note: Because of the damages and hardship that illegal merchandise cause at so many levels, counterfeiting in the United States is a serious crime. By Federal statutes, it's not only a felony to sell counterfeit merchandise, it's a felony even to own it.

I'd say pass...

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Not too sure if this site might help you out:

http://www.jemsite.com/articles-menu/ibanez-jem-a-universe-info/

I was thinking JEMs were from Japan, but I might be wrong. I do know the Ibanez Prestige are from Japan (doesn't really help out though).

Schecter C-1 Classic & Hellraiser C-1 FR / Hagstrom Viking Deluxe / Epi. PR5-E (Acoustic/Elec) / Les Paul Ultra II / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 / Kramer Striker

Amps:eVh 5150 III

Effects:Boss Gt-10

Archived