Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Ross Brown Blues Band set list

Ross Brown

Sounds the nuts, I'd go and see you no sweat. I do agree with Erik about it being clean but doesn't really matter the drums and the bass sound a lot like a live recording which I really like.

Can you please play the blues song from The Wire series. I love that song. Please do it. :)

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Ross Brown Band is five musicians playing a wide variety of blues based music, but you never know what you might get!!

Shouldn't this be?

The Ross Brown Band are five musicians playing a wide variety of blues based music, but you never know what you might get!!

Sorry to be picky.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

I am one of those people with two names, except when people ask me which one I like to be called, I have an answer.... Most people call me Jeff. More folks used to call me Ross than do now. I like both, but my mamma calls me Jeff.
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Good stuff. I never knew your name wasn't actually "Ross"...I won't tell anybody. :)

So is Ross Brown kind of like Beaver Brown? I'm just askin'.

Nope.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I played in a band called "The Travis Slaughter Band", and there wasn't anybody in the band named Travis or Slaughter. turns out it was the original lead singer's girlfriend's grandfather's name, and he thought it would make a good name for a band.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I am one of those people with two names

I have three, myself. Real name's David, my friends call me Ami (sounds like "ah me") and then there's a whole lot of people who know me as Eddie :)

Site looks great, haven't listened to the songs (;)) yet, though.

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

I have three, myself. Real name's David, my friends call me Ami (sounds like "ah me") and then there's a whole lot of people who know me as Eddie :)

Site looks great, haven't listened to the songs (;)) yet, though.

Actually my Mom would call me "squeaker" when I was a kid (I don't know why, my voice doesn't really squeak). One time when she dropped me off at football practice (real football, not soccer :whistle:) she said "have a good time Squeaker" in front of most of the team that was hanging out near the door :mad:. Of course they all thought that was funny. They never started calling me that though.... :evil:

I just realised that in my dad's home town in Italy, everyone used to call me Federico :rolleyes: They had this weird habit of changing everyone's names to something else. That combined with the fact that the houses were not numbered made for some awkwardly incorrect mail deliveries, apparently :grin: Not kidding :)

Getting this topic back on topic, I finally had a change to listen to the songs on your page and I must say ... I'm jealous :) Your misses has a nice growl to her vocals, not unlike Reese Witherspoon in "Walk The Line", which I really dig. Very good voice overall ! I also really like the vocals on Black Cat Bone, is that you singing? Wish I could sing like that :)

Your bass playing is solid and inventive, without overstepping anywhere. I believe it is what you might call "mature", even. Nu2Keys might even hire you for his classic rock covers band ;) Seriously, very well done and a band and a sound to be envious of. If these recordings don't get you gigs, I really don't know what will :)

Wish my band sounded tight like that :cry:

You are very kind. I should perhaps credit the vocals on the site. Rich is singing Black Cat Bone. I will be doing a few (Hoochie Coochie, Treat Her Right, Sky is Crying, etc) but only a couple per night. I am the weakest singer in the group, but getting better. Thanks for the comments. I tried to stay out of the way and just do my job supporting. I do a bit more "live", depending on the night.

I am lucky to get to play with these characters....

Archived