Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gear spotting - Rotterdam concert at the harbor - Hotel NY

Dave Horne

There's a big harbor weekend here in Rotterdam and we were there for the opening. They had a barge in the middle of the river near the Erasmus bridge and the famous Hotel New York .

The keyboard player (who did very little actual playing) was using a Nord Eectro 2 and a Yamaha Motif on an 'X' stand.

I only listened to two tunes and left. The sound system on land must have cost a fortune to rent. There were large speaker systems about every 20 meters (or so) for 150 (?) meters.

My wife brought cheapo binoculars and that's how I could read the names.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully, that KB player was not a fellow forumite. ;)

What kind of band was it? Style of music?

That might explain why the KB player was using an X stand. :laugh:

It also might reveal the reason for little playing too.

Still, an opportunity for live music to thrive let's us know that not everyone is glued to a tube, karaoke machine, video game, etc. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

X style stands refer to a generic design and tend to be wobbly. There are inexpensive, do the job, but are usually less than ideal.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

X style stands refer to a generic design and tend to be wobbly. There are inexpensive, do the job, but are usually less than ideal.
Yep. They also don't give you a lot of foot and leg room. There are worse things in the world than X-stands, but I'm at a loss to think of any at the moment
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Missed this thread until now - thanks for covering me Joe!

Simply put - you look like a dork onstage standing or sitting behind an ironing board.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

Missed this thread until now - thanks for covering me Joe!

Simply put - you look like a dork onstage standing or sitting behind an ironing board.

Who cares what you look like, you're not going to get any video coverage, anyway... :cool:

Archived