Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Korg Electric Piano? (Red/Retro)

Mark Schmieder

Someone posted this on GS, along with a revival of the Wave Drum and one other product (a sampler recorder housed in a similar way as the MicroKorg).

It looks awesome, but no info given and I can't find anything at Korg's site or elsewhere, so thought it might be a joke.

I generally consider it improper to link to other forums, so visit the New Products part of GS to find the post.

Maybe someone here has more info, or maybe it's just a leak and a day or two of patience will pay off. :-)

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we have found our mystery keyboard from the other day:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rScBRKlTdoE/SqADwG1wiOI/AAAAAAAAdVk/KTSWtjygDNw/s1600/korg200904.jpg

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

Well, if he was going to make a joke, he should at least have inserted a blank RED image, instead of just a blank. :-)

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I was just teasing, because that's the treatment I got recently when I didn't know what GS stood for. :-)

I nearly died laughing at that translation!

This is real exciting news -- as are the other two products.

Count on Korg to be innovative. What a sharp contrast to Roland BO-RING offerings yesterday!

It looks like it has waterfall keys. And two versions (73-key and 88-key weighted). Wow, get one as a Wurly and the other as a Rhodes. :-)

Looks to have the basics: piano, rhodes, wurly, clavinet...

Love the large favorites buttons, full-size knobs and buttons.

http://www.miroc.co.jp/magazine/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/korg200905.jpg

Even XLR outs and music rack (assume). Hard to tell from the picture, but it appears to have internal power supply based on the size of the power cord. Doesn't make sense to have XLR professional outputs and then a wall-wart power supply.

http://www.miroc.co.jp/magazine/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/korg200906.jpg

Action is likely the Korg RH3, based on the sticker on the high E. Nice action--I own the M50-88 and had the M3-88, both of which use it. The M50-88 weighs 46 lbs. I'd hope to see the 73 note SV1 to come in under 40 lbs.

Link to the audio demos mentioned above: http://www.youtube.com/user/KeyandSynthFreak

I agree, all three announcements show a great deal of promise.

Busch.

I got so many hiccups from that YouTube video that it was hard to judge audio quality, but the link to the clavinet demo was pretty exciting. The Rhodes was harder to judge, but I'm more of a Wurly and Clavinet fan anyway.

Actually this thing is pretty damn ugly.

Indeed ! I don´t find the rounded design very functional and hoped for a deeper flat top for the 88-key version.

but it sounds awesome in those clips.

Yep,- could be my dream stage piano,- soundwise.

I see a rig of the 73-key waterfall version on top and a lightweight 88-key keyboard underneath,- probably a NUMA Nano,- if the SV-1 is multitimral (is it ?).

Would be a great combo w/ NORD C2 too.

A.C.

Actually this thing is pretty damn ugly.

Indeed ! I don´t find the rounded design very functional and hoped for a deeper flat top for the 88-key version.

but it sounds awesome in those clips.

Yep,- could be my dream stage piano,- soundwise.

I see a rig of the 73-key waterfall version on top and a lightweight 88-key keyboard underneath,- probably a NUMA Nano,- if the SV-1 is multitimral (is it ?).

Would be a great combo w/ NORD C2 too.

A.C.

Really? I would go the exact opposite: 73 key korg weighted on the bottom, and waterfall clone on the top ( I have xk-1, but any other would work).

This seems like EXACTLY the kind of keyboard I am looking for. A weighted 73 key keyboard with good pianos and e.pianos. The last contender was nord stage, but the price tag and piano on nord cooled me off.

Any word on the piano engine?

So far nothing about anything. No specs, no description, nothing. Just 3 pictures and a bad translation on googlish.

Really? I would go the exact opposite: 73 key korg weighted on the bottom, and waterfall clone on the top ( I have xk-1, but any other would work).

No, for me,- 88-weighted keys (Numa Nano perhaps) on bottom, SV-1 73 on top (in "local off" mode to play it´s piano-sounds from 88-weighted keys), organ clone at right bottom in L-configuration and a multitimbral 61-key synth on top.

All midied w/ a Miditemp PMM88E,- allows me to play every instrument from every keyboard and there´s no limitation in splits and layers or in combination of instruments (2,3 or 4 keyboards) a performance needs.

AFAIK, the SV-1 has no controllers like benders, levers, joystick etc. as also no split/layer capabilities internal or via midi,- would be a dealbreaker for me if I wouldn´t own a PMM88E,- but w/ the PMM it isn´t.

Only question remaining:

Is the SV-1 multitimbral via midi-in.

Not a real dealbreaker if not and because of the price of the 73 keys model,- but it would be great it is.

A.C.

The fact that Korg chose a key range of E to E represents a huge improvement over Nord's 73's right there. Dig the on/off toggle switch and the P5 style button switches. They're really trying to hit us seasoned players with subliminal visual messages.

Well they did me anyway.

Archived