Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

free quency gettin in yer way?

bluzeyone

Lets be honest. The most powerful insturment in the band is anything with a keyboard on it(do I get an amen?) The ability to manipulate other insturments and create origional sounds is the stuff dreams are made from! Problem? Here it is. Who has ever jammed with a band and been so focused on not stepping on other toes you find yerself driving with one foot on the brake? Me too. Since we play an insturment that covers the the bill from sub sonic bass to shrill piccolo trills we have to stay gaurded to a degree. However in the realm of 200-900hz. things can get sticky even if your gaurded. This is guitar territory! To keep fromm getting evil looks the solution is to kill the guitar player! Lol!!! Just kidding! Take time with your initial sound check. Spending time to shelve your e-q will make a huge difference. I used to play alot of left hand bass with a 3 piece act so another trick I do is pull about a quarter of the bass out of the mix. That way you can add the color without slamming into each others freqs. Just some food for thot!
"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'll bite - probably only because I happen to be really drunk (somebody PM me so I know I wrote this).

You DO needto be cognisant of your spectral space, BUT - just play your fickin part. I mean, for god's sakes, there's pretty much room for everybody. Some of these arguments just seem ridiculous to me.

OK, I just typed this 1-handed (most of you know why), and really drunk (just because), so please ignore mt typo's

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Lets be honest. The most powerful insturment in the band is anything with a keyboard on it(do I get an amen?) The ability to manipulate other insturments and create origional sounds is the stuff dreams are made from! Problem? Here it is. Who has ever jammed with a band and been so focused on not stepping on other toes you find yerself driving with one foot on the brake? Me too. Since we play an insturment that covers the the bill from sub sonic bass to shrill piccolo trills we have to stay gaurded to a degree. However in the realm of 200-900hz. things can get sticky even if your gaurded. This is guitar territory! To keep fromm getting evil looks the solution is to kill the guitar player! Lol!!! Just kidding! Take time with your initial sound check. Spending time to shelve your e-q will make a huge difference. I used to play alot of left hand bass with a 3 piece act so another trick I do is pull about a quarter of the bass out of the mix. That way you can add the color without slamming into each others freqs. Just some food for thot!

This was the edited version? :freak:

This was the edited version? :freak:

My first laugh of the day goes to Sven. Thanks!

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived