Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Domino

Outkaster

Some people have asked for an example of my playing. I posted a version of Domino pretty much how Van Morrison did it on our Myspace with the 3rd verse in it like it was done originally live. The Studio version of the song is shorter and we did something a little different at the end more like he did. The recording is pretty good:

http://www.myspace.com/thelegendarydukes

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice playing, Jason. Thanks for sharing. I did not know you played with a general business band like this (thought you were just a reggae guy). The horn section sounds great in your band.

Regards,

Eric

Thanks Eric. Yeah the Dukes are no joke. I mean they were huge years ago. The band we are decended from has a wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmer_&_the_Dukes

We have a horn section and all the guys have degrees and have gigged as a section for about 10 years together. They have a lot going on in there. When the band was Wilmer Alexander the horns came after. I like playing Domino because the part where we break it down is like a AMajor Chord to a B minor. I throw a D Major over a B note in the bass also in there sometimes.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Is that the XK-3c Leslie simulator?

Steve it is. I did not think it sounded good till I heard some of those recordings after I got the XK-3C. I am playing piano and organ at the same time. Its an illusion of two keyboard players and sometimes is a pain but it works.

noblevibes.com

Is that the XK-3c Leslie simulator?

Steve it is. I did not think it sounded good till I heard some of those recordings after I got the XK-3C. I am playing piano and organ at the same time. Its an illusion of two keyboard players and sometimes is a pain but it works.

I think I'm going to sell my VK-8 & get a XK-3c. Some nice playing there Jason!!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Thanks Steve. You know what is funny no one really asks me what my influences are but always mention that XK-3C. I think you would like the XK just because it's sound is thick in the higher registers. I got the latest software version out there and it does not sound bad. I also may gig with a 145 with a Trek preamp UC1A eventually.

noblevibes.com

Hey Jason, I used to run with a XK-2 & a 145 Leslie until I got the VK-8. The VK-8 Leslie sim was so good, I was happy to leave the Leslie at home. In the end a Leslie on stage was only keeping one person happy - me. Everybody was always grumbling about me being too loud. Once I switched to the VK-8, all those troubles went away & I didn't miss the Leslie.

I was in the local Long & McQuade store playing a XK-3c & it really has that raw Hammond sound & it seemed like the Leslie sim was as good as the VK-8. They sold that XK-3c so I can't go back & check it out again or try it out at a gig. But after hearing yours, I should go back & check it out further & maybe pull the trigger on making a deal on another. They say they have a number of them in the other stores & they would bring one in for me.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Thanks Todd. We have a good front of house engineer. The acoustics in the room are an anomally because with the glass and metal in the place you would not think you would be able to hear well but you can. Anytime I play there I can hear the whole band. The crowd in there tries to get tables booked a day in advance of us playing. It is unreal to see that many babyboomers have a good time! They really get down.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2s7fm9c.jpg

noblevibes.com

Archived