Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond A-143 $500

Outkaster

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah it is probably seized up. I am right near it tomorrow from where I am gigging. I just don't have the money right now.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

"... at least 4 days sit it should hmmm."

Yoda

You know this ***** is heavy. :D

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

...then do something about the cabinet. Like remove it. Provincial styling on Hammonds is one of the few legitimate reasons for a chop.

It is pretty homely...

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

I still wouldn't chop the thing. Not these days. But that is just me.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I'm amazed to see it actually priced where it probably should be. I still giggle every time I see a craigslist organ listing (often not Hammond) where someone is trying to move something their grandma bought back in the early '80s and they say, "originally cost $14k, special deal now at $4500" or some such nonsense.

Jason, that organ might be worth looking at and they would probably accept less if you showed up with cash.

Regards,

Eric

Eric. I e-mailed the guy. I have gig near there tomorrow opening for Third World and I could stop by and look at it.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Amazing. Hopefully a good score Outkaster. When the listing says something like "not used in over 20 years" it often means trouble, but you never know. When listings are that vague, it usually means one or both of two things. Either the person doesn't really know anything about organs and just wants to get rid of it, or they know something's wrong with it, and that could be precisely the reason why it hasn't been played in 20 years. If I lived anywhere near there, I would certainly check it out though. A similar situation allowed me to score a mint A100 and Leslie for a song, so it's always worth checking out.

Well I tried to start it and it would not catch. Could have been a clutch problem? I told the the guy we would take it for $300.00. IT means I would have to get the dolly's out and get soemone to help me. It is about an hour and a half from me.

noblevibes.com

Well it was frustrating because they thing would not catch. I could hear the generator catching. They said it worked 3 or 4 months ago. It would be an easy load out down two steps. I would need another guy and a truck. That would be the only thing.

noblevibes.com

Archived