Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

?? Kurzweil now making active studio monitors !!! ???

Mark Schmieder

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very odd. It was announced as "new" on Gearslutz, but if it ISN'T new, maybe it was an experiment under the previous ownership?

At any rate, these are mini-speakers, akin to ADAM A4's (not acoustically; just in terms of size). In other words, "computer speakers" but not necessarily meant as mixing monitors or even practice monitors for home keyboard playing.

Which makes it even stranger that a keyboard company would choose to make this their foray into sound reinforcement or personal monitoring. It just seems so orthogonal to anything else they do.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Used in a sentence:

Amelio rates workstations and synthesizers at his new job with Keyboard.

:thu:

Good example!

I wanted to try one:

His orthogonal surgeon was adept at brain surgery( ie: Blockhead syndrome, or rectanglelosis), but not so good at colonoscopies.

"Music should never be harmless."

Robbie Robertson

Little Johnny was sitting in class one day.

All of the sudden, he needed to go to the bathroom.

He yelled out,Miss Jones, I need to take a piss!!

The teacher replied, Now, Johnny, that is NOT the proper word to use in this situation. The correct word you want to use is urinate.

Please use the word urinate in a sentence correctly, and I will allow you to go.

Little Johnny thinks for a bit, then says, Youre an eight, but if you had bigger (breasts)*, youd be a ten!!!

:laugh:

*Little Johnny used a, ummmm, different word.

Happy Friday :thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

"I'm curious as to why Kurzweil would be going there in the first place."

Probably to try to bolster a sagging product line. Diversify into a related but different product, and use their name to carry sales.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Anyone remember when Gil Ameliorate was CEO of Apple? I remember something about a Mag-Lite.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived