Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Want to share my directorial debut (sorta) and score

Bosendorphen

Don't worry, it's just the trailer. The full deal won't be done until October.

Beside The Manor Selby

I've done my share directing student projects, short productions, corporate videos and such. But this is more of demanding project for me.

In keeping somewhat on topic, I *am* scoring this production with synths (hard and soft) along with some live players. But that's along side directing, writing and acting in it.

It stars cult actors Conrad Brooks (of Bela Lugosi / Ed Wood fame) and George Stover (John Waters' films). They are fabulous guys and I'm proud to have worked with them for many years. It takes place in New England and Europe during The Great War and has many literary allusions to folks like Goethe and Thomas Paine. I'm looking at DVD distribution domestically and online markets in Europe.

There are so many talented folks on this forum and I'm not usually one to point to things I'm involved with; I'm more shy and retiring (well, not on stage!). But it's been a labor of love and what the heck I wanted to share. :wave:

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! I know it's a bit off the wall but that's what I love. I really appreciate your taking the time to check it out.

Ksoper, I'm using my Fantom X7 along with the Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth 2, and Sampletank 2 softsynths. I have the demo for Pianoteq and I'm considering buying it and using it for some piano parts.

SK, Conrad was in Glen or Glenda (where he met Bela Lugosi), Jailbait, Bride of the Monster, Plan 9 and The Sinister Urge. He was also in Tim Burton's biopic Ed Wood and Coppola's 1992 Dracula. He won an award for his short film, Mystery In Shadows back in 1960. I think one of his better recent films was Misfit Patrol which had its local premiere here in Baltimore at the Senator Theatre.

Conrad always has interesting stories about the folks he worked with in Hollywood; Vincent Price, Margaret O'Brien, etc. A fun guy.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

I enjoyed the music.

Rather than see the film I'll wait for the book to come out.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived