Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Please help to identifiy what keyboards this guy is playin'

Alexander Nagel

I didn't think the V-Piano covers EPs. Just acoustic pianos, no?

Noah

Assuming it´s a Roland, I´d imagine this could be a V-Piano derivate for the acoustic and (advanced ?) AXR-2 modelling technology for the electric pianos,- a gigging instrument for the players who want a real stage piano, not a Fantom G8 as also not a pure acoustic piano model like the expensive V-Piano.

I also like the idea it comes w/ lots of knobs instead of a touch screen and it´s flat top.

A.C.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People have asked him what keyboard it is in the YouTube posts. He hasn't responded... a bit rude I'd say. :rolleyes:
The videos were shot at that unusual closeup angle, so I think the idea was to not show the brand. The player made comments about the sound and demoed a different sound in each video, so it's a teaser for the keyboard. The design seems more like Roland, unless Yamaha is unveiling a completely revolutionary board. Or does it seem GEMlike to GEM owners here?

Seems warm and expressive, whatever it is.

I wouldn't say it's a GEM (at least compared to mine). The lower register is very close, but the upper has a sharper attack than what I', used to.

There's a couple better videos from the same person. There's some great sounding Rhodes with a phaser in there too.

Hmm.

Just listened to the clips (admittedly on computer speakers), and it sounds OK. Rhodes was the best of the lot, piano still has that kind of disconnected thing going on, and the wurli sounded like it only had 2 samples per key - bad velocity switching.

Moe

---

the wurli sounded like it only had 2 samples per key - bad velocity switching.

Funny, I found the Wurly sounded amazing! Definitely the best for me out of all the sounds he used. The rhodes did sound cry good as well.

One thing is certain, the playing is superb in all the clips.

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

Hmm. The Roland V-EP?

+1. With the V-piano sounds included. Looks like a V-piano with knobs on. The "red herring" is for hosting the software to more completely edit sounds. They had a V-piano in the local store here when I went in about a month back. Had a laptop on the top where you see the computer keyboard in the video. The piano sound reminds me of the V-piano - slightly harsh top end, mids not quite meshing together right. The EPs sound much the same to me, harsh top end, but then I really never cared for a dynoed rhodes sound anyway. Of course listening through shitty computer speakers doesn't do it justice. The playing is superb, and the instrument obviously responds wonderfully to dynamic playing.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Most of you guys probably skipped over this thread on 27 August, which was pretty much only this post.

Who's on Twitter? Fortner just posted this:

KeyboardMag assembling something big and new from Roland here at KB central. Vids to come!

Perhaps it's the new mystery electric piano that's on YouTube?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

+1 on Roland. The keypad only has numbers 1-8; no 0 or 9. Is there any other manufacturer that still uses this antiquated system?

Hammond SK1, Casio Privia PX5-S, SpaceStation V.3, Behringer B1200D, 2-EV ZxA1s

MacBook Air, Novation ReMOTE 37SL, Logic, Pianoteq 5 Stage, Scarbee Vintage Keys

The MIDI Gizmo Museum!

Archived