Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Please help to identifiy what keyboards this guy is playin'

Alexander Nagel

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason it couldn't be acting as nothing more than a MIDI controller for a soft synth...

If it's anything even remotely new, they're definitely going retro with the knob/keypad button styling.

Whatever it is, I don't recognize it, sorry.

Nope, not the Zarenbourg.

Never saw anything like this one, and I spend more time GASsing for gear than actually playing.

Why do you say no? Because of the mock ups on the Waldorf site? That thing may have progressed significantly since it was first displayed (or it may have ceased development too...). The color of the cabinet looks oddly orange like the mock ups on the Waldorf site, and the interface is quite unique, very un-Big 3. I'd say it's as good a guess as any. ;)
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

No reason it couldn't be acting as nothing more than a MIDI controller for a soft synth...
Yeah, that crossed my mind too. It sounds pretty good whatever it is, which is why I hope it's a real product in development.

I think it is a cleverly disguised viral marketing campaign. The poster signed up last month and has not watched any vids, just posted three with this particular keyboard.

I got $5 saying they're creating an internet buzz for a new product. Be damned if I know which one, but that Zarenbourg thingy seems a likely candidate...

PS: I would not be surprised if the OP had something to do with it :cool:

The Mac keyboard directly above it supports the MIDI controller/soft synth theory.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

PS: I would not be surprised if the OP had something to do with it :cool:

I promise I'm in no way involved in this viral marketing campaign. I found the link to this youtube account reading a German keyboard player forum (http://forum.keyboards.de), where another guy was asking the same question as I am here.

I've never heard about the Zarenbourg before and just googled it - though I don't think it looks like the board in this video.

Anyway, keep the guesses coming!

Alex

Never saw anything like this one, and I spend more time GASsing for gear than actually playing.

Why do you say no? Because of the mock ups on the Waldorf site? That thing may have progressed significantly since it was first displayed (or it may have ceased development too...). The color of the cabinet looks oddly orange like the mock ups on the Waldorf site, and the interface is quite unique, very un-Big 3. I'd say it's as good a guess as any. ;)

I've based my opinion on a NAMM 2007 video that spotted the Zarenbourg. Didn't know they're still working on it. So I guess, sorry for my ignorance.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

I've based my opinion on a NAMM 2007 video that spotted the Zarenbourg. Didn't know they're still working on it. So I guess, sorry for my ignorance.

I have no idea if they are still working on it or not. This very well may be a Roland thing or some other manufacturer for all I know. I was just saying that the Zarenbourg was still a possibility.

Perhaps we can get Steve Fortner to "leak" an exclusive video again - just kiddin', Steve!

I dunno - if that's the finished article, it certainly doesn't chime with any current Roland design - it would more likely be black and have a central LCD display. That numberpad reminds me of a Polymoog :)

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

What I can see of the case it looks like the new Rhodes. OH wait, no I was wrong the Rhodes has no knobs like that

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Archived