Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig Anderton RuLeZ

Dave Bryce

So, about a month and a half ago, I get a file in my email from Craig. He had taken one of the tracks off of my record, and remastered the already mastered track because he said he thought it needed a few tweaks. He told me where I'd be able to hear the differences if I A/B'd the two versions...but I never had to put on the first version, because I could hear immediately what he had done. I was so impressed that I sent him the unmastered tracks to play with.

I just got back the remastered version of the record, and I'm completely blown away. It sounds so much better than the previous version!!!! I knew Craig was good, but I had no idea just how good. The record sounds much more polished and balanced than it did before. :cool:

The new versions are up on my site if anyone is interested in checking them out.

If any of you guys are looking for a killer mastering engineer for current or future projects, look no further. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work all 'round.

I liked it before - especially the Steely Dan tunes. It's been too long and I can't remember what it sounded like before. So I can't do a comparison.

Nevertheless, it sounds great to me.

And I really liked the voice-over track at the end, db. :laugh::thu:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

It's been too long and I can't remember what it sounded like before. So I can't do a comparison.

I'll be glad to send you a CD, if you'd like. If so, PM me yer address.

I really liked the voice-over track at the end, db. :laugh::thu:

Some of the commercials that montage is taken from are on the CD. Given the amount of radio singles, it seemed fitting to include a few "ads". :D

dB

I was playing in a band until quitting last November, but before that, we had already picked him to master our next album. He's extremely clever and quite talented, and the before/after examples he showed us were impressive.

That's awesome dB. I'll listen when I get a chance. I don't understand how that guy has time to do ANYTHING. He is a moderator, editor and mastering guru. Gotta be one of the busiest cats around. Half the articles in EQ are written by HIM.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

And he writes for a lot of other publications and occasionally writes manuals, does instructional videos, sample CDs, and various other things.

His new product reviews are too shabby either! I couldn't accomplish 10% of what he does in a day. The man's very good at what he does, all of it!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I mean what guy would have time in the melee of day to day life to take someone's track and just remaster it out of curiosity. Like 'I had nothing better do to so I decided to tinker with this track of yours'. The dude should be a college professor.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

He's extremely bright, yes, and quite philosophical, quick on his feet, and constantly coming up with new ideas.

Great stuff db :cool: Does Craig give discounts for keyboard magazine subscribers :thu:?

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

by Musicworkz:

Great stuff db cool Does Craig give discounts for keyboard magazine subscribers

If he's smart, he would double the price for KB subscribers. Except our very own db, of course.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this thread... a lot. It's inspiring.

One of the primary take-aways is how good it is to have a 3rd party to master your tracks. In this case, it is a very capable 3rd party.

Many of us have the hardware/software to capture tracks at home. Some of have tried our hand at mastering. My opinion is that Dave Bryce knows what he's doing.

The fact that Dave was smart enough to offer up his tracks to Craig so he could work his mastering magic has proven to be an excellent decision.

Proving once again that The Keyboard corner is not only educational, but also inspirational.

...and it's also a pretty good place where you can beg your friends to buy you a beer. :idea:

Works for me. :)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

The original mastering job on my record wasn't done by me. It was done by a friend who's a very well known mastering engineer, who did an excellent job in my last record. For some reason, he just didn't seem into it this time, though...I kinda got the idea he phoned it in a bit. No idea what was up with that...maybe he needs a vacation, was having a bad day...I dunno.

The work that Craig has done combined with the process of working with him (he's very thorough) has been amazing. I've never had anyone pay so much attention to detail, and so much effort into making sure I like what he's done.

dB

Craig is not a person. It is a moniker many people in the industry share.

I've been Craig Anderton for a while, in its mexican version.

J/K

Craig Rules and I loved the songs, Dave!

"Comfortably Numb" RULZ.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Archived