Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Les Paul Collector T.Wittrock on the 1958 1959 1960 Les Paul

rocknrollstar

Hi folks,

I worked the whole day to get this video edited for you! Enjoy the beauty of these Bursts! And show me yours. I want to see how close they get.

I met Tom Wittrock two years ago in Springfield, MO. It was a moment of revelation and a "dream-come-true" for me. 12 bursts in one day...

Tom is probably the most famous Les Paul Standard Burst collector. He is very down to earth and has very interesting knowledge to share.

I will share the footage step by step. Here is Tom talking about the differences between the Les Paul Standard 1958 - 1959 - 1960

I still get a kick out of watching the footage of these beauties.

Have a great evening,

Holger

(Please note: The linked video clip is not for sale on any kind of product, nor is it meant to be an advertisement. I still have about 300 hours of guitar footage which I share for free with the community!)

There is no cure for GAS!

www.customguitarvideo.com | The finest Custom Electric, Acoustic and Archtop Guitar related video entertainment on the web. And it's FREE!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, cool vid and all, but-

I'm confused; if-

The linked video clip is not for sale on any kind of product, nor is it meant to be an advertisement. I still have about 300 hours of guitar footage which I share for free with the community!)

-then, why is it labeled as being part of the "Gourmet Guitars Best Luthiers DVD Series", which apparently is, at least in part, for sale and advertised? (Both on the Gourmet Guitars 'site, and at least previously available on Amazon.)

Are you associated with Gourmet Guitars DVD's, and this is just footage that hasn't been released in that series or something?

Please know, I don't mean to be unfriendly or anything, I'm just wondering what's what here, that's all- OK?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Enjoy the beauty of these Bursts! And show me yours.

OK, well then I'll just whip out my mint '59 burst here for display....oh, wait a minute, I guess it's an '09, not a '59, and shoot, I'm looking at the headstock logo here and it looks like it may not actually a Gibson per se... it's says "Rondo".

http://www.makinggoodsoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Hey, cool vid and all, but-

I'm confused; if-

The linked video clip is not for sale on any kind of product, nor is it meant to be an advertisement. I still have about 300 hours of guitar footage which I share for free with the community!)

-then, why is it labeled as being part of the "Gourmet Guitars Best Luthiers DVD Series", which apparently is, at least in part, for sale and advertised? (Both on the Gourmet Guitars 'site, and at least previously available on Amazon.)

Are you associated with Gourmet Guitars DVD's, and this is just footage that hasn't been released in that series or something?

Please know, I don't mean to be unfriendly or anything, I'm just wondering what's what here, that's all- OK?

Okay, here we go:

Due to the economic situation we have finished producing the GOURMET GUITARS DVD Series about a year ago. The website is still up because we did not want to loose the Google ranking for GG. I am going to re-vamp the site, but it will not offer any more products. Right now, I just need the time doing it. We are not planning to release new DVD's.

I still got about 300 hours of super interesting guitar-related footage, though.

I simply hate to see it sit in a vault for the rest of my life. Many guitar fans have asked me to - at least - bit by bit release some of the content for the public. That's what I am doing. I enjoy sharing the material for free!

Cheers,

Holger

There is no cure for GAS!

www.customguitarvideo.com | The finest Custom Electric, Acoustic and Archtop Guitar related video entertainment on the web. And it's FREE!

OK, thanks! Please don't be offended that I asked, alright? (I've noticed a lot of "fake" videos, or video-hoaxes, on YouTube lately.)

I must say, visually, "Curly" and "The Other Woman" have me drooling! :thu:

OK, here ya go, I'll bite, I'll toss mine out there; it's a "'burst", so to speak, but obviously not a vintage original! But still a right purty git-tar in its own right, and none too shabby a player:

[font:Century Gothic]'96 Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium-Plus[/font] http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss103/CaevanOShite/A2.jpg

(Link to full-sized large image)

Except for the StrapLoks and home-made mutes, it's a Stock 1996 LPPP in "Heritage Cherry Sunburst" with all nickel hardware; currently sportin' '60 style "reflector" knobs and a plain black (modern) truss-rod cover.

The inlays do not look nearly so green in real life, and the sunburst has a larger area of amber and yellow than appears in most photos.

S'posed ta be a less desirable model than the ensuing and ever evolving ranks of "Standards", RI's, and VOS's- especially stock- but I kinda like it... :thu::cool:

OK, so waddya got? Show us yours!

I like it too man - never owned a Les Paul unfortunately, Check out this tribute and competition though man... its only open to Les Paul users!

http://www.licklibrary.com/news/2009/8/039-LickLibrary_Pays_Tribute_to_Les_Paul

Oh btw Caevan - I currently only have my old black Yamaha AE500 semi! I had to sell my Epiphone and had a BC Rich some years back! Still got a rather nice Taylor acoustic too but have to get a proper Les Paul... a '58 re-issue or something! Far too much money for me at the moment though...

Don't be afraid of used LP Studio models, especially the (early?) '90s versions that had ebony fretboards- often GREAT guitars for the money, and nice platforms if you want to tweak and customize it by swapping pickups and pieces-parts...

I have a love/hate relationship with the stock hot, ceramic 496R and 500T humbuckers in my Classic Premium Plus, but I've kinda made 'em work for me between tweaking their heights and their pole-piece heights, and my fingerstyle approach (I pretty much never use a pick). When I can, instead of changing the pickups, I'd like to get another LP altogether (in addition to the Classic, not in place of it!), one that's more authentically "vintage-correct", with vintage P.A.F. style pickups innitt...

And, I must point out, the overall best strings for LP style guitars has gotta be vintage-y nickel strings- the "solid"/"pure" nickel types (on the wrap of the wound-strings), NOT the more common, more "modern" nickel-plated steel ones. My personal favorites are DR ("Dee-Are") "Pure Blues" strings, solid-nickel on round-core strings (as opposed to the MUCH more common hex-core), in "elevens" (what I string the Classic with), or "tens".

Archived