Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

First gig tonight

picker

Knock Kneed Sally will perform their first gig w/ "explosive" bassist Mike Vande tonight at AfterShock on Merrian Dr in Merriam Ks.

Mr Vande is said to be in good spirits despite the fact that he has so far only worked up five of the songs the band plays, and has, in fact, only played with the other members of the band for about 25 minutes. "Hey," Vande says,"it's the blues, not freakin' Mozart, for cryin' out loud!"

A crowd of insignificant size is expected to be regaled by the fumbles and clams Vande expects to boldly lay down in this watershed performance. If you're in the area and have a strong stomach, drop in if you dare, but you'll probably want to bring someone to talk to...

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knock Kneed Sally will perform their first gig w/ "explosive" bassist Mike Vande tonight at AfterShock on Merrian Dr in Merriam Ks.

Well crap...I went to Merriam Dr in Merrian, KS but you weren't there. Darn my failing memory.

Hope all went well!

It went well, or at least the other guys thought so. I did clam more than I wanted to, but was able to cover most of them. I think that may be the biggest advantage of having played a long time, knowing how to fix a lot of mistakes on the fly. Of course, there are always those totally heinous trainwrecks that there just isn't a way out of, where you come in for a one-point landing on your nose, hoping you don't grind the whole thing off before you slide to a stop.

But I did feel like things were tightening up a quite a bit by the time we went through the 2nd set. There drummer & I were starting to feel & hear each other enough to really jam, and that's when it's a lot of fun to me.

I think this is gonna work out.

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived