Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

looking for good strings for läkland skyline 55-01

crusie

hi,

I've been reading around the forum and on the web and I just can't seem to find out what strings to buy for my läkland skyline 55-01. see the problem is that I thought that strings for 5 stringed basses were... well same length. but since I got this bass which I guess would be a 35" ( probably 37,5 if I string through body). at the moment I got a pair of elixir nanoweb strings on it - but it's not a perfect match - not sound wise, but my B string starts to "get smaller" like ½ an inch (around 1 cm) before it's settled in the neck thingie. - meaning something like it isn't wound enough to go all way from bridge to end of neck. Would I have this same issue with, say - DR Red devils ? - think it would look brilliant with red strings :D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't like the Elixir sound, you might not like the DR coated sound...but then again, you might.

As for the winding, look for "extra-long scale" or something of that nature in the string description if you're stringing through the body. Asking us what kind of strings go well with your bass is like asking us what kind of food you like.

thanks for the replies :D

well really I wasn't asking which strings goes to my bass... I'm asking for strings that will fit the super(?) extra long scale neck that's on my bass - and if the red devils would be long enough for mounting on it without the string getting thinner in the first fret - see on elixirs they haven't wound it long enough - meaning that I have the last ½ inch of my b string missing a wound - makes sense ?

Archived