Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New POLL--Does the Roland K Suck?

Edgar Summers

Does the Roland K4 SUCK?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Roland K4 SUCK?

To my fellow voters:

I was going to do this last evening, but I ran out of time.

Yesterday, on another thread, MikeT said:

Lets see, the K4 is a KEYBOARD amp, right? Keyboard amps suck, well, except maybe for practice and garage bands. Just my always HUMBLE opinion! My friends tell me I'm good lookin!

And I'm modest too!

Cheers,

Mike T.

Now I'm pretty sure he's right about being good-looking, but I'm not too sure I agree about all keyboard amps. I like mine.

I've had a Roland KC 350 for 5 years and while I wouldn't use it for any large room applications it's very nice for small rooms and practice situations. It also makes (for me) a very serviceable monitor when using a PA system.

So am I wrong? Let's have our own Town Hall meeting! We'll vote and decide once and for all!

Ed

"Music should never be harmless."

Robbie Robertson

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The K4 is not made by Roland, it's made by Yorkville, and is pretty good, as far as keyboard combo amps go. Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?

http://www.dagexpress.com/incEngine/sites/dagexpress/products/yorkville/traynor/k4.jpg

The idiot said that all keyboard amps suck.

How can you say that all of anything sucks?

Mike is not an idiot - he's just very opinionated - but I agree with you that it's short sighted of him (or anyone) to say that all keyboard amps suck...unless, of course, you've tried them all... :D

My Motion Sound KP200S definitely does not suck. The Barbetta amps I've used haven't sucked either.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I wasn't able change/edit the poll, but perhaps we can discuss keyboard amps or forget the whole thing.

I'm ashamed to admit that I mistook an amp I've owned for 5 years for some other model.

This why i don't post much ;).

Ed

Robbie Robertson

The K4 is not made by Roland, it's made by Yorkville, and is pretty good, as far as keyboard combo amps go. Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?

http://www.dagexpress.com/incEngine/sites/dagexpress/products/yorkville/traynor/k4.jpg

Ironically, i've never heard of it until now!

Okay since i blew this one i'm going back to work. You guys have fun.

Robbie Robertson

I'm ashamed to admit that I mistook an amp I've owned for 5 years for some other model.

This why i don't post much ;).

Well, I think not knowing the amp you've used for 5 years should be worn as a badge of honor. It suggests you may have your musical priorities straight.

BTW, anyone tried the Korg V-Piano yet? :)

Pretty funny you guys. No, I'm not an idiot. Yes db is correct, I am very opinionated. But mostly, I'm a practical joker that shouldn't be taken too seriously. I just like to stir the pot! And now a thread about me! See, it works! :/

I have tried a few KB amps, and they suck. Roland in particular, a waste of money. The "best" samples on a rompler are stereo samples. What happens when you try to play stereo samples through a MONO amp? It sucks.

I agree that the Motion Sound amps sound pretty good, but they are not your average KB amp. They are well built and certainly not cheap. You don't get as good of stereo separation in a single cabinet, but their KB amps aren't mono. I've never gone through every one of their KB amps to determine if all are stereo or not, I don't get a rise outta KB amps so I don't bother.

Yorkville builds some pretty darn good equipment too, but I never tried their KB amps.

There are a lot of cheap KB amps on the market. If you buy low end bottom feeder equipment, that's what its going to sound like.

Oh yeah, I really not all that good lookin' after all. :(

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Now now zyzik, you are entering some DANGERS ground here. If GANGSU pops in, you will be in BIG TROUBLE! :evil:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

zyzik "women success a lot" hmmm, shouldn't that be "Women succeed a lot"? Sorry, I'm not buying your story.

Mike T.

Archived