Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Red Hot Chili's recording again!!

Interstellar

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the GPF, Interstellar; grab yer guitar, pull up a chair and stick around, tell us a bit about yourself, your guitars and guitar-playing, favorite music and everything; gear, pedals, amps, strings, even cables and picks! We're guitar geeks...

Don't be a hit-&-run, one-hit-wonder; otherwise, peopl will be inclined to think that you're a "street team" or hired shill spamming for the RHCP camp. Say it isn't so! ;)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I'm with Gabriel E.

I hope they aren't recording more namby-pamby ballads with Keidis' toneless caterwauling and quasi-Dr. Seuss lyrics.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Their early punk stylings gave them underground popularity back when it was still cool to be underground punk (late 80's)

Kiedis' rap rhythm vocals with Flea's huge basslines gave them enough cred with the suburban white hip-hop crowd later that they were able to crossover into pop stardom.

Personally, I haven't liked a damned thing they've done since Mother's Milk - and I always thought AK never gave Faith No More their due for making RHCP's funk style marketable. Seriously, had it not been for "We Care A Lot" in 1988, there never would have been "Give It Away" in 1991, because WB never would have signed RHCP, nor would they have put Rick Rubin to the task of steering their punk sound more towards a poppy, bass heavy quasi-funk sound.

I've got to admit, I thought it was pretty funny that when they were going to take some photos for the cover-shot for a Guitar Player magazine feature, Flea and John Frusciante had to run frantically around to find a different bass than the one he was playing for recording-sessions for the cover-shot; seems they were concerned that the one he had- a Fender Jazz or Precision or similar high quality bass, IIRC- didn't have the cool image they had been cultivating, so they borrowed some cheap, crappy P.O.S. cheese-log bass from another band that was recording at that studio and struck some poses... :rolleyes::D

To be fair, maybe I'm reading too much into that, I'd probably want something "different" for such a shot, myself! :thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I think they made some really great records back in the 80s. Pretty succesfully blended punk rock and funk.

Even Blood Sugar Sex Magic was a good record. Unfortunately "Under the Bridge" was the big hit and they've been replicating that song ad-nauseum ever since.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

I've got to admit, I thought it was pretty funny that when they were going to take some photos for the cover-shot for a Guitar Player magazine feature, Flea and John Frusciante had to run frantically around to find a different bass than the one he was playing for recording-sessions for the cover-shot; seems they were concerned that the one he had- a Fender Jazz or Precision or similar high quality bass, IIRC- didn't have the cool image they had been cultivating, so they borrowed some cheap, crappy P.O.S. cheese-log bass from another band that was recording at that studio and struck some poses... :rolleyes::D

To be fair, maybe I'm reading too much into that, I'd probably want something "different" for such a shot, myself! :thu:

thatll make it hard to replicate the sound haha

punk guy 1: wth man, i go the same amp and pedals and guitars as him in the pics and i dont sound like him

punk guy 2: you need to comb your hair with more spikes, thats why.

punk guy 1: duuuude, never thought of it!

guitar forums: you punk ppl... thats just a posing tool! they play with real instrument, not toys!

I Am But A Solution In Search Of A Problem.

Archived