Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A song for all the old guys...

picker

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been singing this for years. Love the song. I first heard it when I was a teenager & it's haunted me ever since.

G.

I'd like to hear that, Geoff. :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I first heard it on a Waylon Jennings album in 1977, at the height of "Urban Cowboy mania". It sounded mildly interesting to me then, a folk song, sort of, and I liked those sometimes.

But I didn't really understand it until I'd spent a few nights awake while my wife and her kids slept, remembering things from before I even met them, and feeling the tension between the life behind and the life ahead a man who has "settled down" can feel sometimes.

Amazing song.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I've been singing this for years. Love the song. I first heard it when I was a teenager & it's haunted me ever since.

G.

I'd like to hear that, Geoff. :cool:

It's on a backup disk somewhere, Caev, if I come across it soon I'll put it up for you.

I'm putting Ubuntu Linux on soon, so it may happen!!!

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I first heard it on a Waylon Jennings album in 1977, at the height of "Urban Cowboy mania". It sounded mildly interesting to me then, a folk song, sort of, and I liked those sometimes.

But I didn't really understand it until I'd spent a few nights awake while my wife and her kids slept, remembering things from before I even met them, and feeling the tension between the life behind and the life ahead a man who has "settled down" can feel sometimes.

Amazing song.

I'd heard it a bunch but this was the first time I heard it that way, too...

Similarly, I'd played "Angel From Montgomery" for years because people requested it, and one night a few years ago I understood each word for the first time more profoundly as they came out of my mouth.

It's on a backup disk somewhere, Caev, if I come across it soon I'll put it up for you.

I'm putting Ubuntu Linux on soon, so it may happen!!!

G.

:thu::cool:

I love Linus! :D:thu:

Even though Linus has issues...

_________ http://actsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/linus.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived