Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

has it happened to you?

Braxat

Have you ever gotten your hands on your beautifull curvy lady called guitar with the worlds need to play her only to find that you cant hit a single note right no matter how well you know the song or how much you try?

or worst, knowng your hitting the right notes and all but just not pleased by how it sounds, thinking to yourself youve heard yourself play better and then starting to feel your hands stiffen and inresponsive?

... dont you just hate it when that happens?

I Am But A Solution In Search Of A Problem.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah... well, maybe not quite the way you put it, but yeah, I've had those "off" times, and stretches where I don't feel like playing much, or just seem to be stuck in a same-ol' same-ol' rut of spinnin' my wheels.

Then there are also the other times where all I wanna do is play, and I seem to be constantly tripping over new ideas and playing better than I thought I knew how...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well, often I find that if I practice or play too much I lose my ear. Meaning, my sensibility goes out the window. I rehash a bunch of pattern boring licks. I don't feel dynamic, or creative.

I feel like I will never write or do anything cool again.

I just stop playing when that happens. Usually for a day or 2 or maybe even a week or 2.

One time I stopped playing for like 2 years. I barely picked up the guitar for 2 or 3 years. I was just tired of it.

I played video games instead. I loved every second of it too. When I returned, I was kind of rusty. It took a long time to build back the confidence I had before. But I still have no regrets.

Your playing the guitar is a part of everything that you do; and everything that you do is a part of your playing the guitar.

Existentia Guitaristia.

So there.

:freak:

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Existentia Guitaristia.

Gesundheit! Bless you! :D:thu:

You are as wise as The Sphinx... up to the point of being confusing.

[YouTube vid/Mystery Men/The Sphinx]

Hahhahhahh! That was a good one; I enjoyed that movie. Yeeeah, I even thought of The Sphinx, myself, as I typed that...

But, I really did mean it, and sincerely.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Your playing the guitar is a part of everything that you do; and everything that you do is a part of your playing the guitar.

This sounds like intagible Santana-speak. ;)

The only way for me to get back on the horse is to make myself play for a few hours...then it gets fun again. If I just noodle around with no goal, I just play the same crap and not very well.

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

I, myself, actually play better when I have been practicing. Wow. Intangible...

not that you dont play better, that you FEEL that you dont...

=)

wth is up with that sphynx think hahahaha

I Am But A Solution In Search Of A Problem.

Archived