Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Album - Audio Samples

TShakazBlackRoots

Greetings all! :)

The new album is finally ready for release. The album is titled; 12welve FUNKtions Of Nu' Jazz. ;)

I have mailed a few copies to forum members, they should get them in the post soon. :thu:

For the rest, I have uploaded full songs on myspace for you to listen. I'll really appreciate any advise and opinions from members of this forum :thu:

The songs are on:

www.myspace.com/blackrootsunlimited

Cheers! :):cool:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really nice work! I think this is the first time I've heard your music (also the first time I've had a good connection to any sort of high-speed internet). I must say that it is very, very nice.

I don't have good speakers right now but I still hear cool bass work.

CD Baby is the best way to get it?

Advise? Nothing I could add that would be of any value - those tracks are great; but, tell us what it was like recording with Bernard Edwards ("Groovin' with Bernard Edwards").

The groove reminds me of a modern version of Patrice Rushen's "Forget Me Nots", one of my all time favorites.

I put these tracks up there equal as an instrumental version of Teddy Pendegrass tunes with a little George Benson thrown in. Awesome!!!

Thank you for sharing and giving us a "Heads Up" on the album release. Best Wishes!!

Peace,

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Greetings all.

Very much appreciated, THANK YOU! The album will be on CD Baby, iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon.

I believe a few copies are on their way to Phil W in UK and Chad in USA. They'll share I believe ;-)

Bro, the song 'Groovin with Bernard' which is from last years album, is my tribute to the man. Wow, I wish I even ever met the man, let alone groove with him! I love Bernard :-)

Continue to enjoy the album, and I strongly appreciate opinions and advice.

One Love!

Man, I'm honored. Of course, I'm happy to share, though folks who expected me to do that with your last album remember I didn't do that very well. E-mail me at tx0990@yahoo.com and I'll try, very hard, to get any of Tshaka's albums to you that I have.

Very classy stuff, T-man, classy, uptown, smooth and suh-weet. Great job from the whole band. You guys make good music. Didn't hear a clinker in the bunch.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been listening to the CD all week. (thanks, Chad)

Tshaka has done a fantastic job and the music and playing is top-nothch.

There's even a bass solo in it! (short and sweet)

Our friend in Uganda has shown once again what can be done if you really put your mind (and a lot of hard work) into something.

Yes, I just got my copy the other day and I listened to it back-to-back with the last one I received (The Enfunklopedia of Jazz) and I must say that as much as I enjoyed the first one, I think this new one (12welve FUNKtions of Nu' Jazz) is head and shoulders above its predecessor both in composition as well as performance. It's excellent.

Greetings all!

Jeremy, Phil, Chad, Pilot etc, thanks for the support, encouragement and opinions :thu: I appreciate that very much.

I have been busy working on the Jazz Safari event that I want to make annual in all the 3 countries of East Africa; Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. Visit www.myspace.com/thesizzlingjazzsafari

This year, it will be in Kenya on 04th Oct then Uganda on 08th Oct. I also want to introduce a Jazz/Funk/Contemporary music program in schools in Uganda and Kenya :rolleyes:

Your support will be highly appreciated coz I know many of you here are good instructors and music. A week in Africa teaching some music would do you wonders! :);)

A week in Africa teaching some music would do you wonders! :smile: :wink:
Man, if I could afford the ticket I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Man, if I could afford some Jazz/Funk/Contemporary lessons to get me to a level where I felt confident teaching others...and then if I could afford the ticket I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Archived