Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig Spam: Booty Vortex in Somerville 8/8

davio

My first legit /non sub gig with these cats and, unfortunately, the drummer's last gig.

Johnny D's on Saturday (8/8) @ 9:45

We'll probably be playing until around 1am. Kevin (CaptainCutthroat) should be dropping by after work. It's gonna be a grand ole time. I have no idea what cover will be since I've never played there before.

I know there aren't too many Lowdowners in Boston but if you happen to be in the area...stop on by!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a gig until 11:00 on Saturday... but unless I can catch a Concord flight from W.Palm to MA, I'll just wish you a great gig. Tell Kevin I said hello.

OT - Picking up the Millenium early next week - hope to have it to you by the weekend. Does that work for you?

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Nice band name.

I could tell my Dad to check youse guys out, but it's past his bedtime.

That would be awesome! I'd love to meet your dad. I'll check and see if we have any daytime shows planned. They played at a festival downtown a couple months ago...seems like there should be a few more of those since it's summertime and all.

Maybe my nephew and his wife (who live in Worcester) might come to one of your shows if they can get a babysitter. They love to dance. A few years ago at their wedding, they did an elaborate routine to a Barry White song for their first dance.

The one thing I can say about this band is that they are AWESOME if you like to dance. Nobody stays in their seats!

Yo, D, what's your stage name?! I may have missed the conclusion of that other thread...

Peace.

--Dub $$

+1. Are you Senator BigBootay or what?

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Hah! Since I was just made an official Booty, I think they're open to nominations and they'll probably just pick one whether I like it or not. I let the other thread die because it was getting to be too much like "which character from the Villiage People should I dress up as?" It was kind of like browsing through a Halloween shop and reading the names of all the cheesy costumes in plastic bags hanging on the wall. Not what I was going for.

All that to say that the jury's still out.

Oh yeah, along the lines of a gig report, the show kicked. The band was very pleased with me and my officialness has been made official. Kevin came out for the 2nd half after he got off work and seemed to enjoy it even though I don't think he'd go to a disco show if he didn't have a friend in the band.

This morning they sent me the link to the band's Google calendar and I had no idea they had stuff already booked until NYE! Private parties, Hard Rock, a couple well-established venues around the area...this is going to keep me busy!

Thx for the gig report. Congrats. Nice to have a schedule that is funkfilled with gigs.

I was just made an official Booty.

Does this mean you are now officially an @$$, instead of just presumptively one?

Do you get a tattoo or a brand so that the world knows that you're an official Booty?

And, are we talking about funk Booty or pirates' Booty? Arrrrrrr...

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I'd love it to be but I can't do any sort of head dress after the heat at the last gig. It was effing brutal and I couldn't imagine having something keeping the heat from escaping from the top of my head. I killed a fresh set of DRs by the second set because of the sweat.

I'm sorry, but didn't traditional clothing in the Arab world develop in response to things like heat and hot light from above? The sun...stage lights...let's not split hairs now: heat from above shining down upon thee. Maybe some traditional bedouin robes or similar would be just what you need in these high heat situations.

Interesting, no?

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

you could go with linen robes wuht a t-shirt and shorts underneath, and one of those headdresses that has the "ropes" around the forehead, but have a lot of small holes in the top for the heat to escape. The headdress will keep the sweat out of your eyes. With a set of really dark shades, you'd be set.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I'm sorry, but didn't traditional clothing in the Arab world develop in response to things like heat and hot light from above? The sun...stage lights...let's not split hairs now: heat from above shining down upon thee. Maybe some traditional bedouin robes or similar would be just what you need in these high heat situations.

Interesting, no?

Peace.

--SW

Two words: dry heat.

Archived