Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Green Onions

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many guitarists does it take to change a lightbulb? 10. 1 to actually do it and 9 to stand around and say they could do it better.

Just note how many great keyboard players have come onto this thread and given great props to Jim.

And... The first post about the guitar player by another guitar player (I am making an assumption that BluesKeys and tucktronix aren't guitar players) is a negative one.

Don't go proving the stereotype...

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Hey, everybody's entitled to their opinion.

Yup - and my opinion is similar to yours. That his solo fit the groove and the vibe of the tune.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Fabulous playing. OK, at the risk of really nitpicking on the guitar, if you are playing this in F, isn't that guitar stab really on the IV chord, a Bb chord? and when the organ goes to the IV, the guitar stabs on Eb, etc. Thats how I hear it. I mean this only as a fun alternative to show a guitarist who is already doing a great job.

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

OK, at the risk of really nitpicking on the guitar, if you are playing this in F, isn't that guitar stab really on the IV chord, a Bb chord? and when the organ goes to the IV, the guitar stabs on Eb, etc.

See, that's what stuck out to me like a sore thumb. That and he was really sloppy coming into the chord stabs, with that harmonic minor slick that came completely out of nowhere and really didn't make any sense where he put it.

I really liked that. In fact it inspired a funny thing. Saturday night I had setup and I started noodling around on Green Onions. I haven't played that in probably 25 or 30 years. The drummer and bass player jumped in. The guitar play picked up his guitar and nailed the old Cropper licks. That was a lot of fun.

Thanks for the clip.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived