Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Metal Chef: special guest Wizard Eye (CMDN Eric's band)

Griffinator

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, it's lin-GWEE-sa, not LIN-gwi-ka.

When I first watched, I saw the motorcycle pull up and thought it was going to be Erik. :)

No way, man. I can't ride a motorcycle. With my hair, that'd be an accident waiting to happen.

No kidding. Your dreds would get wrapped up in the back tire as soon as you started moving forward. :freak:

Hahah...I didn't notice the bosintang comment the first time through. You are truely a master of obscure ethnic cuisine.

:D

I figured if someone noticed it, and didn't recognize it, odds are they'd google it, and enjoy the joke even more....

I could just see it...

"Ha ha, F***ing dog in the background - wait a minute - WTF is bosintang?!

*googlegooglegoogle*

Holy S***! Dog stew?! HAHAHAHAHAAAA"

B5...

It doesn't hurt because I have tons of hollering experience from the days when I was working in loud clubs every night and doing hardcore "gang" backing vocals and pretending to be a pro wrestler doing "smack talk" (a la The Iron Sheik) before a match. This kind of yelling is all diaphragmatic anyway, so it doesn't impact my throat at all. It actually feels good to vocalize this way--feels like I'm airing out my guts! I'd never do it that way if it hurt me in any way.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Thoughts/questions:

1. Another entertaining episode.

2. Your clambake looks yummy. Having lived near the coast of Maine all my life I respectfully question the use of the adjective "traditional." No criticism! but the "traditional" clambakes I'm familiar with never had sausage of any kind in them. Or garlic. Perfectly good variations on the theme, though.

3. Did you make your cleaver out of a big sawmill blade?

Rock on, MC!

Chad:

1) Thanks!

2) Growing up in NH, we regularly did the clambake thing with kielbasa. It's totally traditional to add sausages to the bath, if for no other reason than an extra seasoning for the seafood! :)

3) I did not make those cleavers, but, to answer your question, the gentleman that makes my cleavers does, indeed, make them out of recycled sawmill (and other industrial) high-carbon steel blades. :thu:

2) Growing up in NH, we regularly did the clambake thing with kielbasa. It's totally traditional to add sausages to the bath, if for no other reason than an extra seasoning for the seafood! :)

Oh, o.k., New Hamster - that explains a lot... ;)

(We still own the shipyard, motherf**kers! :laugh:)

Makes a lot of sense to use sawblades for knives because of, as you say, the high quality steel. Do you ever use the sawtooth edge while preparing food?

Archived