Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Electro 3 Range

Joe Muscara

A quick look over of the Nord site didn't reveal the answer (but it was admittedly, a quick look).

One of the odd things about the Electro 2 is that the piano samples aren't 88 key. I don't recall the exact number or where the range ends at the moment.

My question is, does the Electro 3 cover the full 88 key range for the acoustic piano samples? I would guess that it does since the samples are the same as the Stage EX which is available in an 88 key model, but you know what happens when you assume

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aha! Found it on page 15. Thanks!

Octave Shift

The two Octave Shift buttons can be used to transpose the keyboard two octaves up or down (if the selected instrument supports this) . Two Octave Shift LEDs that are lit at the right or left position indicates +/- 2 octaves shift.

Each instrument in Nord Electro 3 has a finite note range:

The Organ extends one octave below and one octave above an 88 note keyboard range.

The Piano and Samples extends one octave below an 88 key range, but not above.

The range of the organ is interesting.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Aha! Found it on page 15. Thanks!

Octave Shift

The two Octave Shift buttons can be used to transpose the keyboard two octaves up or down (if the selected instrument supports this) . Two Octave Shift LEDs that are lit at the right or left position indicates +/- 2 octaves shift.

Each instrument in Nord Electro 3 has a finite note range:

The Organ extends one octave below and one octave above an 88 note keyboard range.

The Piano and Samples extends one octave below an 88 key range, but not above.

The range of the organ is interesting.

yup - the organ has a wide range... :) but on the other hand - there's a lot of foldback going on when you go beyond the 61 key "Hammond range" so it's no true 88 key range there. For instance, the 16' "pedal octave" is not covered - the electro doesn't go lower than the lowest upper/lower C.

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Archived