Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How many of you have gigged with Hammond chops?

Just played a gig in May with a chopped 58 B-3 that used to be Joe Cocker's tour organ. I assume it was a Bob Schleicher chop.

It currently resides in storage in the condemned part of a building in danger of collapsing after a fierce explosion, along with two clavs, my Wurli 200A, Odyssey, Space Echo, a Matrix 6, two MKS-70s, two Leslies, a JX-10, a CX-3, philicorda, CZ-101, a Kronos, an UHL HX3, and a BUNCH of studio stuff, fx, and drum machines.

Authorities are probably just going to demolish the building.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least as far back as 1966 the Sunn amplifier company was portablizing M-3s and B-3s. They also modified Leslies to be more roadworthy. I saw a few bands with organs that had the Sunn logo on the back and thought Sunn was building combo organs. Many prominent bands in the Pacific Northwest were using these.

[video:youtube]

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Just played a gig in May with a chopped 58 B-3 that used to be Joe Cocker's tour organ. I assume it was a Bob Schleicher chop.

It currently resides in storage in the condemned part of a building in danger of collapsing after a fierce explosion, along with two clavs, my Wurli 200A, Odyssey, Space Echo, a Matrix 6, two MKS-70s, two Leslies, a JX-10, a CX-3, philicorda, CZ-101, a Kronos, an UHL HX3, and a BUNCH of studio stuff, fx, and drum machines.

Authorities are probably just going to demolish the building.

:o Will you be able to retrieve that gear???

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The landlord"s lawyer has promised that they will look into the possibility of securing the condemned areas of the building once those in the green lit areas have moved all their stuff out (several studios in there).

We don"t know yet whether I"ll have any access at all to my stuff. ð

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

wow , analogika , good luck with that .

i had a chopped L 102 back in the day , wasn't that bad to move around , it went up and down a lot of stairs and in and out of all sorts of vehicles . i remember our piano players' rhodes 88 being heavier .

got myself a C3 in the early '80s and fell out of love with the L , ended up giving it away

The landlord"s lawyer has promised that they will look into the possibility of securing the condemned areas of the building once those in the green lit areas have moved all their stuff out (several studios in there).

We don"t know yet whether I"ll have any access at all to my stuff. ð

Best wishes to you and that gear.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Don and the Goodtimes were from Portland Oregon. I worked with the drummer (Bob Holden the guy in the right background) a number of years later when he moved to South Seattle. He had all kinds of crazy stories about that band.

Sorry to derail the thread about chopped Hammonds. Carry on gentlemen :laugh: