Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender Sub Lime Overdrive?

Punka

Hey there,

I just received the newest Bass Player and read about a pedal called the Fender Sub Lime Overdrive. I'm always interested in a cool pedal, especially an overdrive one. But I can't find any information about this one on the internet at all. Maybe someone can help me out here.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it's new it may take a few months to generate buzz. Can you go to a music store and try it out yourself? I know that collaborating with players about products is helpful but I get way more mileage out of just going and messing with things on my own.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys -- I just got my hands on one of these, and am starting a review for the magazine. I can tell you off the bat that it's pretty sweet! Big, heavy chassis, but cool turntable-like effect control so you can dial up (or back) your distortion using your feet. Cool vintage fuzz sound. Stay tuned for a full review!

I don't think he means for DJ-esque use. Just more convenient to control your tone by toe rather than waiting for a break in the song and bending down to make adjustments and risking splitting a seam in your spandex unitard.

WARNING-- MILDLY-OFFENSIVE!

Did someone say Spandex Unitard?

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=533_egKX09o&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideosearch%3Fhl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial%26um%3D1%26q%3Ddr%2520rockso%26ndsp%3D18%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa&feature=player_embedded#t=20

I think the consensus is that Dr. Rockso is a parody of David Lee Roth-- hence the high jump-kicks and the DLR-esque vocals in the song...

... But yeah, anyway, I too, am curious about that new Fender overdrive pedal.

Archived