Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tricks to increase crowd size

Ross Brown

$50 Give-away  

90 members have voted

1. 1. $50 Give-away

All of those things will enhance your show and make you stand out compared to the guys standing up there in one spot in their Jeans and T-Shirts all night.

You know our singer?

The cross promotion stuff is very very good. Thanks. I think I will work that angle. Tatoos are big with our crowd... the fashion show thing would lead to beatings.... But I like the concept.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tatoos are big with our crowd... the fashion show thing would lead to beatings.... But I like the concept.

Depends on what kind of fashion show... Bikini Contest, Wet T-Shirt Contest?

We do Temporary Tattoos of our band logo. They're pretty cheap - in the vicinity of $0.10 ea - if you buy 1000 or more. The best thing is when the chicks stick them on their boobs:

Link to Picture (somewhat graphic - no nudity, just lots of cleavage)

I get them from:

Dune Temporary Tattoos

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

....The best way to fill a club is to have a reason for women to come. The men will follow. That's why some bars have ladies' nights. I've seen some club offer "half-price drinks for all women before 10:00 pm." By ten, you've got a club full of inebriated women and the guys come pouring in.....

+1. :thu:

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

I just think that you should be able to generate enough buzz without this sort of thing if anything is meant to become of your music. Yeah, a lot of talent gets ignored, but I am reluctant to believe that $50 and a shirt will bring it to light.

That doesn't mean it's wrong for you to try it out, though. ;)

As for me, I use the evil magic of stem cells to seed the crowd with mindless zombie fans.

As for me, I use the evil magic of stem cells to seed the crowd with mindless zombie fans.

Would never work. Too many different combinations of chromosome counts in our crowds... the cell would not survive in the hosts....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I've decided to give up on coming up with ideas to sell the band, since the band does not seem keen on selling themselves: got a mail today in response to my suggestion to add 3 "new" songs (2 of which we've fooled around with during rehearsals forever and one for a couple of rehearsals) to the set list for the gig on 15 August, that it's too short notice to add any new songs and we should just play the same 15 ones and work on new material after that :mad: I replied saying we should know those 15 by now, as we've been "rehearsing" them for close to two years and played them live at least 5 times ...

Anyway :)

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

maybe come up with a goal... ie add four songs a month

Been there, done that. I've come to accept that I will be the only one in the group to learn the damn four songs each month.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

sad.... very sad

Yeah I know. I think I have a bad case of separation anxiety or something. I should have walked away ages ago. Right now I'm waiting for the band to naturally dissolve. Ironically we are getting more and more bookings ... Perhaps that'll do the trick :grin:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Archived