Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Adrian Belew - e

julieslick

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chromatic shredding - my favorite kind! i started playing that specific section (until about 5:45) using all kinds of distorted reverse effects when we'd play this live, but in the studio we went direct to start with, so i suppose i overplayed to compensate. adrian really liked it, so we just stuck with it!

thanks for the compliments!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, mind-blowing!

Does the trio do anything From "Lone Rhino"? I love that album, now it looks like I'll have to check out the more recent stuff.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

You might have a pop-up blocker on; a separate window opens got the Reverb Nation player.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Very awesome.

There's nothing to not love about Adrian Belew - voice, playing, songwriting. He's responsible for one of my favorite lyrics ever, from "Oh Daddy":

Don't hold your breath

'Cause it'll make you blue... :D

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

You might have a pop-up blocker on; a separate window opens got the Reverb Nation player.

I'd think that too but I always get warned about any pop-ups using Safari 4. In this case there is no "permission to display" warning, etc., at all. Anybody else viewing the page through Safari? I may have to download Firefox (again) and give that a shot if I can't figure it out.

Archived