Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

In Need Of A Backup 5-String

davio

UGH...I went to check out the OLP and it sucked big time. The dude was a dirty college kid that thought he was a guitar player and hadn't touched the bass in forever. No AC and it's been like a bajillion degrees for the last week or two with 300% humidity. He had it tuned (or not tuned) something that eversoslightly resembled EADGG. Inch-high action, chunks taken out of the wood, and an extra string retainer installed right over the existing one (horribly done...and he said it was like that when he bought it new). Suckage for miles in every direction...as far as the eye could see. I kept my money in my pocket and peaced out.

Still haven't heard from ESP guy and if we get through the weekend with no word I think I'm just going to spring for the SX 5er.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well ESP guy finally got back to me and it turns out he had a crazy week and hadn't checked email since last weekend but he had already sold the ESP. Bummer. However, there's a silver lining! Jim (JBFLA) PMed me and it turns out he's getting ready to list a few basses on TB and one is a 5er! It's a Peavey (USA) Millenium 5 with a MM bridge and jazz neck pickup...in "charcoal lavender" which in the pic looks like a blue sparkle...sweeeet. I think we've worked something out and hopefully he'll be able to send it out sometime this week.

I think I'll check back with Rondo to see if they have a model with the right combination of features in a couple weeks so I can get started on the long process of building the Cohizzle Protizzle.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/msg/1306373666.html

ESP LTD 5string bass with case for sale - $170 (Midtown)

Date: 2009-08-06, 3:02PM EDT

Reply to: sale-3vmrn-1306373666@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its an esp ltd bass in prime condition free case. it was only ever played in one show otherwise its basically untouched. the price of a new one is any where between 230 and 5k (depending on the model) so your getting a legit deal. if you cant pics call at 717 386 3545

Will do once it gets here. Jim said he had a crazy busy week last week so I'm not sure exactly when it'll get here but I don't feel as rushed now that I have something figured out. Pics will definitely be here as soon as it arrives.

Archived