Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Umm... this could be an interesting wedding

Aidan

Just uploaded client's choices for break music onto my iPod. They include such traditional, cheery fare as:

Knockin on Heaven's Door

Comfortably Numb

Shut Up and Let Me Go

Don't Dream It's Over

Heartbreak Hotel

Love Will Tear Us Apart

Every Breath You Take

Pretty Vacant

Hmm!

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The music was submitted by someone who objects to the wedding or the bride and groom just really dig the instrumental bed underneath the lyrics. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

"I will always love you" (Whitney I think) always reminded me of how much attention the general wedding going public don't pay to lyrics.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

"I will always love you" (Whitney I think) always reminded me of how much attention the general wedding going public don't pay to lyrics.

This issue is actually a pretty big pet peeve of mine (as my wife, who always has to listen to my complaints about such things at weddings, could tell you)....

Noah

Dolly Parton wrote and recorded the original version. Jus' sayin'. ;)

Heck, I never listened to the lyrics nor knew what they were until just now, because of this discussion. Then again, I never listened to the song before.

Back when Lori and I got together, we had an "untraditional" wedding. We used to joke that if we had a "real" wedding,

is who we wanted to have play.
. In other words, we'd hire a cool local band and let them play their set as they wanted, because that's the way we enjoyed them.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Carolyn is awesome. Her keyboard player is pretty cool, he also plays bass (on keys) for most shows. He's been playing a Stage lately too.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I've been asked to play Madeline Peyroux's version of Leonard Cohen's 'Dance me to the end of love' at my friends wedding where i'm the best man.

I mentioned to the groom that it's a bit dark which he duly passed on to the bride but she's still got her heart set on it. I'm not looking forward to how it's gonna go down but I guess I'll do my best to oblige.

A bit OT to this thread, but I saw
this AM. It's pretty funny. I'm not crazy about the autotune song, but I think it's a pretty cool way to start a wedding.

Dolly Parton wrote and recorded the original version. Jus' sayin'. ;)

Heck, I never listened to the lyrics nor knew what they were until just now, because of this discussion. Then again, I never listened to the song before.

No worries Joe. You couldn't help not listening to the lyrics. You were fixated on her... eyes. :thu:

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/Dolly%20Parton.jpg

:)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

While Dolly Parton originally wrote the song in 1973, probably for her friend Porter Wagoner, she re-did it in 1982 as part of the music for "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" with Burt Reynolds. Kinda puts a different spin on it, doesn't it?

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those who can read binary, and those who can't.

Speaking of wedding music...nothing, and I mean NOTHING will top the recessional music used at a wedding my wife and I attended last summer. First, (and I swear I am NOT making this up), the couple entered to Pachabel's Canon in D. Traditional, right? Until you realize it was being played entirely on a slightly out of tune electric guitar with bad fuzz setting. You have NEVER heard the Canon until you've heard this particular version.

Then, for the recessional, the couple had the video of the ending scene from Shrek II, which showed Shrek and his ogre bride dancing at their wedding to "I'm a Believer"...orginally done by The Monkees...playing as they walked down the church isle in matrimonial bliss.

You can't make this stuff up!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those who can read binary, and those who can't.

this AM. It's pretty funny. I'm not crazy about the autotune song, but I think it's a pretty cool way to start a wedding.

That video has now gone viral, and it's among the lead stories on CNN.com. Craziness.

Noah

That video has now gone viral, and it's among the lead stories on CNN.com. Craziness.

Noah

Covered on the Today show with interview of the bride and groom.

7 million+ hits on youtube.

Article on the first page of the Washington Post's Style section this morning.

And the truest sign of all that things with that video have gotten insane: My wife opens an email containing a link to the video at the very same time this morning that I'm reading the article in the Post.

Communication and information-sharing in the 21st century is truly an amazing thing.

Noah

When I watched that clip the first time, it had around 70k views. :o

Archived