Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: This July has been the coldest on record here...

Boggs

...in Rochester, NY and not by just a little. The average temperature for this month is 1.3 degrees lower than any previous July since keeping records starting in the 1870s... We've had fewer days reach 80 degrees than we normally get in the 90s. It has also been wet with a good number of storms like last night where during one a 4" limb was snapped off of our gigantor oak tree in our front yard...
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're used to weird weather in southern Ohio but this month is really wierd! Monday night was actually cold!! At this rate we should have ripe tomatoes in October or so. Guitars go sharp, flat, sharp, flat...We'll probably be wearing shorts and t-shirts for Christmas.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Hey, Pippin, a belated welcome-to-the-forum from another 'nother New Yorker! :thu:

I'm South of you guys (Pippin and Boggs) here in Watkins Glen, Seneca Lake, Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, NY (US), and pretty much the same here, although we had a few exceptionally wild storms this Spring and early Summer...

...which reminds me, I never updated my "Tornado windfall figured-maple"-thread! :blush::D

lightbulb.gif At least, I've had to do less truss-rod tweaking on guitar-necks this year!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

110 to 115 every day here in the Phoenix Az area. Just nice and toasty. I love it.

Sure, without sweltering humidity! :D I'd love it, too! :thu:

110 to 115 every day here in the Phoenix Az area. Just nice and toasty. I love it.

Sure, without sweltering humidity! :D I'd love it, too! :thu:

Yup but the menopausal ladies hate it. http://img116.exs.cx/img116/1231/z7shysterical.gif

Hey, Pippin, a belated welcome-to-the-forum from another 'nother New Yorker!

Thanks, Caevan! It's nice to be in the company of fellow Western New York/Southern Tier inhabitants. Too often when you say "New York," folks assume you mean "City."

Hey, Pippin, a belated welcome-to-the-forum from another 'nother New Yorker!

Thanks, Caevan! It's nice to be in the company of fellow Western New York/Southern Tier inhabitants. Too often when you say "New York," folks assume you mean "City."

It's been cooler than normal in NYC, too!

Upstaters and NYC dwellers have their differences, but when the chips are down we're all New Yorkers and we stick together rain-or-shine, including adopted/adapted New Yorkers! :thu::cool:

No offense to the good people down NYC way - I love the Big Apple. It's just funny when we visit other areas of the country and people say, "New York? It must be great to be able to go to all those Broadway productions and Yankees games."

Well, I'm a proud American, but clearly we as a people are rather geographically challenged!

I am from Iowa, and people in NY and elsewhere confuse my state with Ohio and Idaho regularly. I mentioned that to my former guitar teacher from Ohio, and he laughed and said, "it's all those O's that confuse them!"

All the Al Gore jokes aside, you guys know that the theory of Global Warming is that it changes weather patterns, creating situations of hot where it used to be cold, dry where it used to be wet, tornadoes where there never were any, and the like, don't you?

All the Al Gore jokes aside, you guys know that the theory of Global Warming is that it changes weather patterns, creating situations of hot where it used to be cold, dry where it used to be wet, tornadoes where there never were any, and the like, don't you?

Well, there were always tonadoes and hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico, so Katrina was nothing new. In fact, I havne't heard of any wind storms of a devestating natuer anywhere they haven't been before. People make a mistake in thinking weather is pretty much a stable situation without circular changes. Unless you live on the equator or at one of the poles, the weather is always shift around. California doesn't get El Nino(can't get the circumflex over the "n", sorry) every year. And in the midwest, we have a saying; if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes, it'll change.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Yeah, Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Never heard of it! ;) (Just kiddin' ya; yeah, knew it, makes sense, lots to it though... )

As far as that goes, I believe that even had there never been a human race and industrialization and all, this sort of global climate change would still have occurred- albeit, perhaps, relatively more gradually. We have probably exacerbated it.

Similar climate changes have certainly happened before, even within human history. Not saying there's nothing to be concerned about, just that it's nothing singular or new and NOT solely the fault of us terrible humans...

Archived