Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need help. Evolver Desk Top silly question.

RABid

During the move to my new house a few months ago my power supply got separated from my Evolver desktop. I don't know what it looks like. Even knowing the brand on the power supply or the specs will help. Can someone look at theirs and give me a few hints? If possible a picture would be helpful. I had no idea how many power supplies I have until last week when I started hunting for the power supply for my video camera.

I think this is probably the worst thing about external power supplies. Knowing where it is and which one it is that you need.

This post edited for speling.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not 12 volt, but 13 volt (quote below from Dave Smith Instruments web site:

"Check to make sure Evolver's power supply is providing adequate voltage. Evolver requires at least 13 volts DC and 500 mA (or .5 A) of current. If the voltage is less than 13 volts, the analog circuitry will not function properly. Power supplies that provide 13 volts are not easy to find, but Evolver will work just fine with a 15 volt supply. (More current is fine, too. Just not less than 500 mA.) 12 volt power supplies, which are commonly available and may give the appearance of normal operation, should not be used! If you can't find an appropriate power supply locally, you can always order a replacement supply from our Web store."

I didn't find information on polarity (or what kind of plug is on the unit) - hopefully the info will be on the unit.

Since it is NOT a "standard" power supply, if it has not been lost completely, it should be easier to locate in your home.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I'm pretty sure DSI would list that on their website, but don't have the cycles to hunt that down on my own right now.

My guess would be same adaptor as for Evolver Keyboard and P '08, both of which I own.

I want to caution you before you buy a third-party AC adaptor, however, as I learned quite recently, during my two-year hunt for an AC adaptor for Korg padKontrol so I can use it at gigs vs. only USB-powered, that AC adaptors can have their polarity reversed (like Korg does) and so it isn't sufficient to merely get the right voltage rating with a matching current rating (or more current, which is fine, as the rating is for what it can handle vs. what it delivers).

In other words, in most cases, it really is safer to stick with OEM adaptors. If no other choice exists but third-party, just be very careful. But I think Korg might be unique in reversing the polarity.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL

Oh, sorry, MoodyBluesKeys and I were composing at the same time, so I didn't see his response until I committed mine.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL

Archived