Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Motion-Sound Tech Support RAWKS

Dave Pierce

I just want to give a shout-out to Richard in Tech Support at Motion-Sound.

I've had some problems with my KBR-M. The thing is seven years old, and I've played like 300+ gigs with it (and probably that many rehearsals too). It's a discontinued model too. It came with a one-year warranty, which is obviously long gone.

But I emailed them to see if they could help, and he was VERY helpful. Got right back to me, and spent like 20 minutes on the phone with me talking through my problems. Taking his advice, I opened up the amp and used foil tape to build some RF shielding around the tube and one of the circuit boards. He also gave me some good advice about my gain structure, and gave me his cell number in case I had more questions after business hours.

It seems to have fixed my problem! I say seems because it was a sporadic problem that I couldn't always reproduce at will, and I've only played one gig on it. But even if the problem recurs, he really went above and beyond the call, and I wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Thanks Richard!

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I broke my Pro-3t a few years back (the amp fell over and the top started emitting a whining sound). The keyboard tech I called got in touch with the Motion-Sound support and they guided him through the whole process. Great support, great products! :thu:

Ah yes, the Pro-3. I had one before I got my Motion-Sound, found it on craigslist and it was my introduction to the company.

I really love the KBR-M. I may not be everything that a huge Leslie plus a full-range PA system could be, but it's a pretty small package that weighs 70 pounds, and it even has a monitor channel if I ever want to use that. Hard to beat.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Archived