Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

my Ultimate Support AX48 arrived

Junkstyle

a genius must have invented this. I'm really impressed at this thing. This model is getting discontinued and so there are some really good deals out there on them.

No I dont work for them. This is my first keyboard stand so my level of expertise is Zilch. But in terms of structual engineering---this thing is brilliant.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a genius must have invented this. I'm really impressed at this thing. This model is getting discontinued and so there are some really good deals out there on them.

No I dont work for them. This is my first keyboard stand so my level of expertise is Zilch. But in terms of structual engineering---this thing is brilliant.

Welcome to 1991. :thu:

"Short. Simple. Biting. Hilarious."

Sounds like some dogs I've met.

Hi Sven! :wave:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Does the thing wobble?

I used an old one of these, a rental, on tour once and I couldn't get it to stand still. It was awful, I had to steady it with my hip when I got to playing hard.

Because if the thing is sturdy and rigid, I might consider one.

Sven strikes again. Short. Simple. Biting. Hilarious. :D

Noah

Are you referring to me, or to my post? :(

Hiya, Noah! :wave::D

I believe Noah was just repeating what your lady-friend said about last Saturday night... Short. Simple. Biting. Hilarious. :laugh:

You Canadians... so - experimental. :D

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Does the thing wobble?

I used an old one of these, a rental, on tour once and I couldn't get it to stand still. It was awful, I had to steady it with my hip when I got to playing hard.

Because if the thing is sturdy and rigid, I might consider one.

I have an original Apex bought in '87. I use it regularly with an 88 Yamaha CP33 and Korg Triton Ex on it. It is rock solid, and I can play pretty hard on the piano.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

It doesn't wobble for me, but my collaborator told me the other night that his old one does. He has his loaded up with two Yamaha SY77's and one Korg Z1. Maybe that's a bit much. Mostly he says he has trouble on hardwood floors and on carpeting atop uneven floors.

I face uneven floors at many gigs, but have no trouble with my newish one. I find it just takes a few second to balance it properly, including the extender foot, to prevent any wobbling.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Sven strikes again. Short. Simple. Biting. Hilarious. :D

Noah

Are you referring to me, or to my post? :(

Hiya, Noah! :wave::D

Could be both....although, since I've never met you in person, I can't attest to the accuracy of the "short" comment in reference to you (as compared to your post). ;)

Noah

Archived