Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fired and shot to ego (not that i had one)

jar546

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to ask though, was the option of you having a sub cover some of the other gigs even explored? If you couldn't play all the gigs they wanted to play, couldn't they have a sub fill in those extra dates?

This is a level of creative thinking that not many of us can whip out when needed. It's an excellent thought, and I wish someone had considered it to make everyone happy. Clearly, the people that changed the deal weren't interested in trying to make things work.

I've heard of people leaving bands because there weren't enough gigs. This may be the first time I've heard of someone leaving a band because there were too many.

It happened in Stonefly. In May one year, we said we wanted to gig twice that summer. The keys player said he didn't think he'd be able to gig at all that summer because of family obligations. We came to an agreement that the band was no longer a fit. While he had a moment of ego upset, he realized that parting was the right move. We (of course) never told him anything other than the truth and pledged our eternal friendship....er....the band members that would speak to him socially before still did, and he comes to a gig from time to time. Easy? No. Right for us all in the long run? Yes.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived