Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just got home from a bizarre rehearsal...

Boggs

...in a good way. TJ, our bass player, is off to Michigan, so we didn't have him here. Since this is for a gig when our (and Between The Lines') lead singer Kelly is going to be running in a race at the venue, so me on electric guitar and Chuck on drums from Squirrels in Traffic and the other singer/acoustic guitarist and yet other singer/keyboard player from Between The Lines are joining forces to do this gig at the Pieters Family Life Center where Kelly's race is going to be run on August 1st. This was our first rehearsal together. You could say we are Between The Traffic Lines... :D We can't do hardly anything that Squirrels does because it requires a female lead singer so seeing as we have to put together about 20 (virtually all new to me) songs in 2 rehearsals one of which is without TJ, this was figuring to be a train wreck...

WRONGO!!! :D

Kelly came long enough to hear us do a few pieces and I think she was really bummed that we sounded soooo good especially on "Behind Blue Eyes..." I think she was feeling like she wasn't good enough now as she is very sensitive (for lots of reasons) and is very hard on herself. It's not a drama thing. I will talk to her tomorrow though... On that song, we did it pure acoustic with just Scott on his dreadnaught and singing lead with me and Jeff doing harmonies. I am tellin' ya, it was as tight and clean as Crosby, Stills, and Nash in their heyday... :o No, we didn't record it, but we have to... Chuck laid out for it too so no percussion. Just the acoustic guitar and 3 voices... Even he ran up afterwards and was pretty excited telling us how good it was, and he usually shows as much excitement as Steven Wright unless he's hitting something really hard!

We went through at least 15 songs tonight including Elton John's "Your Song" and some Mellencamp and some cool as hell Reggae thing and people I have never heard of... It was a BLAST! I even lost most of my all-day migraine... If TJ can pick the stuff up in a hurry, we should sound pretty damned good! :)

Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should bill it as "Squirrels Between The Traffic Lines"! :D:thu::cool:

Glad that's going so well for ya, Boggsy-O. You all took what was a hurdle, and made it a vantage-point to launch off from...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

...this is for a gig when our (and Between The Lines') lead singer Kelly is going to be running in a race at the venue, so me on electric guitar and Chuck on drums from Squirrels in Traffic and the other singer/acoustic guitarist and yet other singer/keyboard player from Between The Lines are joining forces...

...this was figuring to be a train wreck...

WRONGO!!! :D

It was a BLAST!

This band stuff is a lotta fun... Why the hell did I wait so late in life to take it on?

Is this going to be kinda like when Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones had to form "The New Yardbirds" to deal with gig obligations, went lookin' for a singer and a drummer, and then... !! :freak::thu::D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived