Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pignose

Junior 1

Any Pignose users out there? I just picked up a Piggy in a Box dirt cheap on Ebay. It's the Pignose 5 watt amp in a stomp box. You can use it as an amp or as a really nasty distortion pedal. Using it with a 10 inch Jensen cab and adjusting the volume from the guitar, you can get some amazing sounds! How can 5 watts get so loud!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play a pig nose amp all the time. I dig the little thing. it seems all the control is in the volume knob on my guitar. turn it down for clean and up for some grind. my go to amp for practise and perfect for camping and stuff. my friend just got a line6 batt powered amp though and it kills the pignose and puts an apple in its mouth. the watts are strange. low watt amps are loud. I have heard that it has more to do with speaker match up then the watts. but i am not an expert.

Why do you lay down? I say that it beats standing up! whats got you feeling so down? I hold up my empty cup!

Well, I tried the Piggy through a 12 inch Eminence and it rocks! That Line 6 may sound good, but does it have a snout? Does it humm like crazy with an unregulated power supply? Just as a side note, I did a comparo of the piggy turned up all the way with the snout pulled up and my Big Muff! It's the only fuzz I've heard nastier than the BM!!!

Archived