Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT -- One of the best music videos ever...

stepay

Warning! This could damage your relationship with music forever...OR maybe you'll just really really like it.

So bad it's good.

Enjoy.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha - what's with the bubbles at :58?

EDIT: I watched further they are explained... sort of, but more questions are raised... :freak: :freak: :whistle:

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Stepay - that was AWFUL!! Thank you?? I feel un-clean...
Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

I hate to say this out loud, but I kinda wish autotune was around back then

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Ok, I understand all the traning scenes, ladies etc. but what's with the old lady? Is this man gay or something else?

It's just a very weird video. Rumors that Carl Lewis is gay have been around for years. He's not married and has never had a girlfriend that I'm aware of, so I suppose he could just be not interested either way, but he seems effeminate to me, so that should be a clue.

Matters not to me though. He was an amazing track and field athlete...just not amazing in any way as a singer.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

Steroids are bad for you, kids, real bad.
Believe it or not, Carl Lewis was a very, very vocal anti-steroids guy back when he was competing. He claims to have done it the right way.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Back in about 1994, I was playing a D.C. celebrity benefit with my old band (original world beat and reggae act). Carl Lewis was there and he made a request to "sit in" with the band. We talked with him for awhile and of course he did not really know any of our original songs. We finally agreed to do "Play that Funky Music" (to our chagrin) and Carl sang and danced like a madman! It was actually pretty fun. He was a real nice guy. I am pretty sure I have a few pictures and maybe an autograph somewhere in the vault.

Steroids are bad for you, kids, real bad.
Believe it or not, Carl Lewis was a very, very vocal anti-steroids guy back when he was competing. He claims to have done it the right way.

Maybe I confused him with someone else. I thought that he was stripped of his medals at the Soule Olympics for testing positive for steroid use.

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

Nope, that was Canada's Ben Johnson.

Yep. Ben Johnson. Carl was always VERY vocal about steroid use, HOWEVER, he did test positive three times for banned stimulants, so he wasn't completely innocent, but he certainly has no big cloud over his head as far as cheating goes.

At the time when Bob Beamon still held the world record for the long jump at 29' 2 1/2", Lewis had a jump that was estimated at 30 feet, but a judge ruled it a foul which was later (by video) proven not to be true. Judge's ruling is final though and they quickly raked the sand pit when it was called. The guy was incredible.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

Archived