Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-It's not who you see, it's who sees you.

keyguy

Our female lead singer and I are sometimes guest performers with the house band of the Sopchoppy Opry (the Florida panhandle version of the Grand Old Opry ;)). I found out yesterday that one of our performances was on You Tube. It was several years ago. The guitar player on the right was one of my closest friends who passed away from cancer last year. The video does not do him justice. He was a great Chet Atkins style player. When I saw this, it just got me to thinking about how short life is and we need to enjoy it as if each day were our last...I know hard core country is not one of the favorite generes around here, but I thought the song was very inspirational. Sorry for the rambling.

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I saw this, it just got me to thinking about how short life is and we need to enjoy it as if each day were our last.

True.

Thanks for posting, Jim.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

When I saw this, it just got me to thinking about how short life is and we need to enjoy it as if each day were our last.

True.

Thanks for posting, Jim.

Tom

Sorry about your friend. You are correct that we should enjoy every day. Nice post.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Enjoyed the video. Also loved hearing all the musicians playing without stepping all over each other. More rare than it used to be.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Enjoyed the video. Also loved hearing all the musicians playing without stepping all over each other. More rare than it used to be.

That's the first thing I learned with playing country music. I never realized it, but the musicians only play block chords when there is singing going on, except the instrument that is designated by the leader to "fill the space", usually 1 verse per instrument. Classic country players also prefer that the solo's follow the melody. Too bad some of the bands I've played with over the years couldn't be taught that concept.

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com

Archived