Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Orange Tiny Terror head recall

Caevan O’Shite

Not sure if this includes Canadian distribution (it doesn't apply to the US):

Important European Union

Safety Warning

Orange Amplification

Tiny Terror Head

We have become aware that some Tiny Terror Heads sold between October 2007 and August 2008 have a manufacturing defect.

The defect is in the mains transformer which may be unsafe.

If you own a Tiny Terror head please check the serial number on the rear of the amplifier.

The affected models are clearly marked Made in PRC and have serial numbers as follows;

L070910001 to L070910989

L071110101 to L071110854

L080210001 to L080210986

L080410001 to L080410406

L080810001 to L080810964

Please note the following points;

-Only units sold in the European Unit are affected by this issue.

-Units sold in the USA are not affected.

-Tiny Terror combos are not affected only Tiny Terror heads.

-Korean build units are not affected.

If you have an affected amplifier please stop using it immediately. In the UK please contact us at workshop@omec.com or on 0208 905 2828 ext. 211, outside of the UK please check our website for details of the distributor in your country and contact accordingly. Your amplifier will then be arranged for collection then modified.

If your amplifier does not meet any of the above criteria it is not affected by this issue and is perfectly safe to continue using.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Orange Music on +44 (0) 0208 905 2828.

We wish to thank you for your co-operation and apologise for any inconvenience.

Orange Music Electronic Company Ltd, OMEC House, 108 Ripon Way, Borehamwood,

Hertfordshire, UK, WD6 2JA

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy %$#&!! :eek:

I read yr post & since I was going to plug in & make some noize in a bit I decided to go up & turn on the A/C as the bedroom is hot & check my TT serial# & damn it fits into one of the ranges & I bought mine here in Jpn so this problem definitely not just in Europe!!

Not the best news to be sure but thx man if I didnt read this I may never have heard about the recall/problem & who knows.

Thx again, tomorrow I will check my paperwork from the amp which is at work & then ring the Jpn distributor.

When I head upstairs I will unplugg my TT & put him in the closet!

Grant

Glad you may have been spared some trouble, or even injury!

By the way, I love the Orange Tiny Terror amps for so many reasons! Great amps, great deal, came along at the right time, put low-watt "play the amp"-friendly tube-amps within reach of loads of players. If I hadn't already bought a Fuchs Lucky 7 for a ridiculously good deal, I definitely would have bought a TT head and 2x12 cab! Still might, eventually!

Caevan,

Good news! I fired off an email & the distributor fired one right back saying the Jpn units are NOT affected :thu:

They said they test all units before sending out to stores & that if I had any problem to bring to the shop I bought the amp or to contact them direct!!

One thing I like about Jpn is the service, its almost always excellent, almost never have problems.

So excuse me while I bring TT back out of the closet( hope he/she will forgive me :whistle:) & :rawk: a little ha ha

grant

That's good news all around; glad for yez!

One thing I like about Jpn is the service, its almost always excellent, almost never have problems.

Good service and support from a store or brand goes a long, looong way with me! I'd rather pay a little more for that at some brick & mortar/Mom & Pop shops than to seemingly "save" with some internet/telephone/mail order retailers, and that marginal difference in price is often actually pretty slim, if there at all.

There are some exceptionally excellent 'net/phone dealers with great service and support, though, as well as walk-in stores that $uck!

So excuse me while I bring TT back out of the closet( hope he/she will forgive me :whistle:) & :rawk: a little ha ha

grant

It was all for the good and safety of both of yez! :thu::D

Archived