Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally found something to dislike about my Nord Electro 3..

Phil Aiken

....and it isn't the lack of drawbars. Well, I guess it sort of is....because when you play the thing outdoors in broad daylight, you cannot see the drawbar settings!!!!!!!!

Yikes!!!!

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will start bringing my Voce V5 as a drawbar controller for outdoor gigs if the Nord is getting pressed into service.
Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

That's nothing new....that was a problem with the Electro from day one.

It's new to me!!!!

This is my first Electro. I had a Nord Stage for a while, but must have not used it in the sun.

Yeah, but what about the action?

And oh, what about the paint job, huh?

And then there are the hornz. I've never heard anything close to real horn section come outta this thang. :cry:

:)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

....and it isn't the lack of drawbars. Well, I guess it sort of is....because when you play the thing outdoors in broad daylight, you cannot see the drawbar settings!!!!!!!!

Yikes!!!!

who plays in daylight? :freak:

by Beethree:

you cannot see the drawbar settings!

And here I thought it was the PRICE :sick:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

And then there are the hornz. I've never heard anything close to real horn section come outta this thang. :cry:

To be honest, I've never heard anything close to a real horn section come out of ANY one keyboard. YMMV.

That said, for a keyboard devoted to "ELECTRO MECHANICAL KEYBOARDS", the horns are pretty damn good.

They turned me off bigtime, and then imagine my surprise when the singer in my band thought they sounded great. :freak:

I asked: "Are you fn with me???" He said "no, you should hear them out here." I guess in context....

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Personally, I think this is simply a case of a moaning (reference to other thread intended) southerner (probably from one of the Carolina's) trying to start another civil war. (Hi Tom...happy Friday to ya :wave:).

But, seriously (or maybe not), to answer your question, Mr. ITGITC, if, while carrying your 18.2 pound electro, you suddenly dart into moving traffic, you will hear some very authentic horn sounds. Let's see you do that with a Kurzweil.

Yep, playing outdoors is a tough gig; its playing to the world. But at least you don't have "reflections" that cause feedback.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

...if, while carrying your 18.2 pound electro, you suddenly dart into moving traffic, you will hear some very authentic horn sounds. Let's see you do that with a Kurzweil.

Yup. Orchestral horns, big band horns, solo horns, ensemble horns... anything you want. :rimshot:

And let there be no mistake - those Take Six samples are to die for. :thu:

But just a minute, have you heard the Mellotron, stereo strings, and VA modes in that thing, Mr. Garrafon? The Virtual Analog Synthesizer - its synthesis engine is built right into the new system. And what about the VA-1's power-shaped, anti-aliasing oscillators (including supersaw, triplesaw, and hard sync oscillators) combined with a newer, larger set of V.A.S.T. filters (like the classic-style 4pole low pass w/ resonance) and non-linear processors?

Ahh, the violins, violas, cellos, and double bass. The details, the warm swells, animated pizzicatos and the sound of scraping rosin that all add to the breathtaking effect of the string sections.

Er... Wait.

This thread is about the RED one?

Ummmm, my bad. Nevermind. :blush:

Happy Friday back atcha Mr. Garrafon. :thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived