Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Petition - Nord C1 OS Update

dazzjazz

Hi,

if you're a C1 owner and would like to see improvements to the OS such as:

more flexible adjustment of key click

more flexible adjustment of percussion volume and decay

1' drawbar/percussion robbing

in addition to more levels of tone generator leakage and leslie models

then please sign the online petition at:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nordc1update/

thanks

Darren

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Percussion decay is already tweakable enough, with 3 settings for fast and slow modes. Percussion volume should be tweakable, I agree with you. The 1' drawbar/percussion robbing is not really something that needs improvement, if you want the 1' drawbar to be cancelled, just push it in.

They won't implement neither the key click adjustment, nor the new leslie and tonewheel leakage models, because these are all selling points for the C2. So if you want all that, sell your C1 and get a C2.

The 1' drawbar/percussion robbing is not really something that needs improvement, if you want the 1' drawbar to be cancelled, just push it in.

The reason that some experienced hammond players value the 1' drawbar cancelling is that you can go from 88800000x no percussion (the 'rock whistle sound') to 888000000 w/percussion just by hitting the switch.

Moe

---

The reason that some experienced hammond players value the 1' drawbar cancelling is that you can go from 88800000x no percussion (the 'rock whistle sound') to 888000000 w/percussion just by hitting the switch.

On the C1 you can just use two of the Drawbar/Perc Presets above the led stacks to toggle the same thing without having to scroll the 1' in and add percussion...... not a deal breaker.

I'm a late comer to the C1 party, only having gotten mine last February, but the additional bells and whistles don't diminish the worth of the C1 in my eyes. I watched my NE2-61 go from rev.2.0 to 2.4 and applauded Clavia for the updates. When they announced the NE3 I didn't trade up for it because the NE2 works for me as is. If they want to go after a different market with the C2 and the sampled pipes, bravo for them. The more business they get the more models they'll make in the future with more improvements. If I hear a quantum leap in their tonewheel sounds then I'll do what I have to when that time comes, but until then I'm happier that a pig in mud with the C1 the way it is.

Hell, Hammond never updated my 42 year old B3............

my .02.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

After reading the manual for the C2, I'm glad I waited for it to come out instead of buying the C1 a month ago. There are so many more tweakable stuff that they hadn't announced beforehand, and a new leslie simulator model. I'll be getting mine hopefully next week, and I'll sure as hell keep being happier that a pig in mud with the C2 when/if the C3 comes.

Archived