Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

hammond registrations

mul

greetings from the emereld isle fellow keyboarists. i trust all of you are good my learned friends. was wondering if any one can help me nail the hammond reg. for the hungry heart solo by the boss (that bruce springstein). need the perc, and what chorus to use also. am pretty close but can seem to get it spot on. any help would be great. i am playing an xk1 just to let ya'll no. thanking you in advance. g
Korg kronos, casio px5s, studiologic sl 88 studio, korg m50,korg triton, yamaha moxf6, hammond xk1, korg sp200

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am far from being an expert, and there are many others here who can give you better advice, but it sounds to me like a variation of 858000004 no perc, slow leslie, but I am not near a clone to verify. That should get you close.

What are you useing now, and what isn't right about it? I find 9/10 the issue I have is not with my clone, but with the operator of my clone. It's not the sound that counts, it's how it's played.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

cheers guys will try it out tomorrow and let ya not the crack! regards to all. - mul
Korg kronos, casio px5s, studiologic sl 88 studio, korg m50,korg triton, yamaha moxf6, hammond xk1, korg sp200

I like how when it's time for the Hammond solo, the video cuts to a bunch of random shots of statues, and Bruce driving around. Wouldn't want to show the keys player... that wouldn't be cool.

Stuff and things.

Bottom 2 drawbars are in, with minimal upper mid drawbars and a little bit of whistle.

It almost sounds like percussion is on for a note or two, but then the whistle wouldn't sound.

I would try something like 008432006. With fast leslie, of course.

Moe

---

My guess: 008880800 C3 Fast Leslie Top two octaves.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Archived