Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need a chord chart... Rodgers & Hammerstein

Griffinator

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It might be an outdated version of Scorch. Go the Sibelius site to download the latest version.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Might have to go ahead and spring the $4, although that looks like a really, really "easy piano" rendition...

Well, you did ask for a "basic chord chart". ;)

I was thinking it would be a good starting point; even just the first page might get the ball rolling, but it wouldn't be sufficient for anything beyond the skeleton of the tune...

Wonder if it's in any of the "Real" books out there?

Death Metal show tune? :)

Pretty much where I'm going with it.

Will be using it for the closing credits for the upcoming episode.

Figured we're already going to be goofing on the Elvis movie by the same name in the opening sequence, thought it would be more humorous to go after R&H for the close, especially since "Clambake" from the Elvis movie was less a song and more a horrid quote-fest - everything from "Shortnin' Bread" to several of Elvis' own songs...

Sorry, should've mentioned that I meant one of the dozens of "Real" or "Fake" books that are genre-specific, like the one Dave cited above.

It's Monday, what can I say? ;)

It's funny, as I go back and listen to the thing again, apparently I was imagining more than was there - even the melodies are pretty much basic chordal tones.

I may just throw out everything but the vocal rhythm and just destroy the thing. Even the stodgiest of traditionalists around here probably wouldn't complain... :D

I believe this is the overall direction of music.

Regardless of style/genre, any tune will be fair game to flip providing the musos are interested in doing so.

Good luck Griff. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I believe this is the overall direction of music.

Regardless of style/genre, any tune will be fair game to flip providing the musos are interested in doing so.

Good luck Griff. :cool:

I've been known to flip anything. Cocktail jazz renditions of Metallica, Broadway adaptations of Slayer, metal arrangements of everything from the Beatles to "Blues In The Night", nothing is sacred to me. ;)

So I ended up springing for that chord chart, and it seems I was right about all the nifty passing chords - they just didn't show up until later in the song.

Anyway...

The evil deed is done.

For reference sake: The original

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGIhFTQYicQ

And my butchery.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7816568

Please bear in mind (before you break out the pitchforks) that this is strictly tongue-in-cheek, no disrespect intended to Messers Rodgers and Hammerstein. :D

I like your flip better, Griff. Did you do all the tracks?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived