Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acoustic B600H

I finally had enough of carting my rack back and forth between home and my rehearsal spaces. I looked on Craig's List for something cheap in the form of either a power amp or an actual amp. After finding a few winners I decided to go to Guitard Center to check out their 4th of July sale.

They had a used GK400RB for $200 that was slightly beat up. OK, really beat up. I then walked over to the new junk and found this little guy marinating atop an Acoustic 8x10 cab. Fired it up and played some notes. I was pleased. It is simple, no nonsense, and makes a usable sound go. Nothing to write home about but more than adequate for living permanently at a rehearsal space to make my life easier. Cost? $220. It almost felt like stealing.

Itll be driving the 4 Ohm SWR Goliath III that currently lives at said rehearsal space. Yay cheap gear.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Goliath 3.

Nice score Tates.

Ain't it nice not having to lug a rack? Now that I have my cabinets straightened out that's my next move.

Look out pawn shops.

Or maybe this.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

you're an angry snarling beast.

robb.

:D

I'm a Goliath 3.

Nice score Tates.

Ain't it nice not having to lug a rack? Now that I have my cabinets straightened out that's my next move.

Look out pawn shops.

Or maybe this.

I've not seen or heard of Bugera. Have you played one? Looks like lots of tone shaping going on there.

Archived