Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yes!! Finally!! [warning: keytar content]

bloodyMary

I've scored one! A nice red Roland AX-1 for $250.

It's not 'mint' - has scratches and was very dirty, and I think a couple of minor cracks. But it plays well - all the keys, buttons, switches, everything works fine. Needs some work on the case (some joints inside broken), but nothing a bit of contact cement won't fix. Actually, already fixed it.

The guy who sold it to me doesn't know of eBay, so he didn't know the street value on those. He demanded $250 like it was more than it was worth. Fine..

Can't wait to hook it up on rehearsal.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats! The nice thing about getting a piece of gear like this is that you can continue to beat the sh*t out of it, in a good way of course. Enjoy!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Congrats Bloodymary. My other keyboard player uses the AX-1 which has now given me G.A.S. for the AX-Synth. I refuse to be the only stationary musician besides the drummer now.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Congrats Bloodymary. My other keyboard player uses the AX-1 which has now given me G.A.S. for the AX-Synth. I refuse to be the only stationary musician besides the drummer now.

MW, I have an AX-1 for sale. PM if interested.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Kevin I revere your musicianship and I respect you! But I'm still SOOOO tempted to Photoshop a pic of you playing an AX-1 just to see how it would look. ;)

But he has to be sitting down. :rawk:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Archived