Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Congratulations to DREAM THEATER!

Mr. L

PS: If you like A.C. for their constant barrage of insulting songs, I suggest you dig a little further back and enjoy a couple of the godfathers of insult-metal, Anthrax and M.O.D.

The latter's debut album USA for MOD was legendary for its pure offensiveness, with songs like "A.I.D.S." and "Aren't You Hungry" leading the charge for kicking people while they're down...

oh great, a real music critic

;)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I would hope you're not so high and mighty that you think you're the only one who's allowed to beat up on someone because of their opinion.

That sentence made my day. What a funny internet forum.

I can't understand all the fuzz people are making. Saying a rock band sucks is like saying a football team sucks. It's a bit childish. That's what made D-Bon's comment funny.

Don't you remember playing the "[band A] is better than [band B]" game?

It's one thing if someone insults you, your friends and family. Git out yer gun an' settle th' problem, dawgone it. Or however you choose to do it.

But there's no need to make a scene about this.

Also, I like the term "phrygian wankfest" and generally salute the creator for inventing it.

G'night :wave:

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

PS: If you like A.C. for their constant barrage of insulting songs, I suggest you dig a little further back and enjoy a couple of the godfathers of insult-metal, Anthrax and M.O.D.

The latter's debut album USA for MOD was legendary for its pure offensiveness, with songs like "A.I.D.S." and "Aren't You Hungry" leading the charge for kicking people while they're down...

oh great, a real music critic

;)

Nah, just listened to a lot of different kinds of music over my 30-something years on this planet.

Time to BBQ, Griff. :wave:

Went to the hardware store while ago to get a propane tank for my new (not worthy to REAL BBQers) gas grill.

Saw one of those ceramic egg things on display.

Nothing wrong with a gas grill. Great way to finish one rack of ribs while you load another one on the smoker. ;)

I would go back to is ELP, where technical playing is very listenable.

While I don't aim to wear Prog as a genre t-shirt, I'd be curious what you think of what my band does. (check the myspace link below)

I haven't heard the new DT CD, but I'm happy that they are succeeding with it and hope they have a great tour. It's a shame that Beardfish lost their tour support. They'd likely get me out for the show.

Nice to see a band composed of musicians with chops I can only dream of having (double entendre not intended) toward the top of this list. Entertaining to listen to on this level, but overall, I often find them falling into the category of "Where's the melody?" I have a hard time emotionally connecting to their music.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I would go back to is ELP, where technical playing is very listenable.

While I don't aim to wear Prog as a genre t-shirt, I'd be curious what you think of what my band does. (check the myspace link below)

YOU are in Oblivion Sun ? I bought your CD as soon as I read about it.

The musicianship is impressive. Do you have history with Stan Whitaker ?

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

One thing to remember is Emerson could actually play his material live too.

Watching guys like this when I was a Youngster was so inspriring. Rubber tuning wedges to sustain a Moog or ARP String/Meltron while dashing to the Piano, D6 or B3.

I can relate to the guys that have to use a click and comment on how we wanted to give our audience a studio quality show....

I remeber Shania Twain saying something like that after she fell on her face at the Superbowl on National TV.

I am happy to see anything other than Poppy tunes hitting the Top 10.

It shows there's still hope for a continued diversity and quality for music.

BTW, Oblivion Sun sounds real nice.

What virtual synths are you using..?

Magnus C350 and a TV Dinner Tray Stand

http://soundcloud.com/you/sets

Archived